Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 6 prepping mistakes that could get you killed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very good post.

It's what we've been saying for a while, and what's been drummed into me by many seasoned preppers on here. Only get gear you know how to use. Oh, and the classic 'Stock/Store what you eat' which is great advice as well.

The other things are very good common sense.
cracking post bp
The only one I would add to that is saying " I'm ready I've got all the bases covered"
Good find bp
Thanks
Yes, I like that post,... the food part is important, one of the key factors in any survival situation is Moral,.. almost every soldier/ex soldier knows it, but many other miss it out completely just going for what keeps you alive,... but that not good enough, when stocking up with food, include sweets, chocolate etc, etc, as well as the more `important things`,.. its the nice goodies that will also set you up and keep you out of the duldrums,... you are more likely to come through a bad situation if you are in the right mind set
Good post Highlander and excellent point. I suspect a lot of preppers think of grid-down as an exciting time to survive through, but in reality it would become very grim very quickly for even the well prepared and stress and depression would become major dangers. That's why it would be very important to remain busy on a daily routine and retain, as you say, sweets and chocs for occasional comfort purposes.