Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Harassing The Neighbor's Cat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I live in a rural area and have small livestock, so stray cats are not just another of God's little creatures for me. They are an invasive predatory species on the same level as wild dogs, our American coyotes, or any other dangerous predator.

However, some of them are housepets and I am hesitant to harm the ones I know are pets since I am a "cat person" myself. (Strange contridiction I know)

Anyway, I was looking out the front door and saw a black speck in the field about 150 yards out and recognized it as one of our neighbor's black cats, his head just clearing the tuffs of grass. This one forages far and wide and often causes my chickens a good deal of distress.

Being the evil minion I tend to be, I grabbed my Beeman Grizzley airgun and loaded up. (Yes we use airguns as well as "real shooters" over here)

At 150 yards I am aware that I had no chance of hitting the creature and if I did the energy would be so low as to only irritate him. Still, being in a frisky mood I sat the cat's head on top of the front sight and allowed half the barrel as elevation and fired off a pellet.

To may shock and amazement the cat jumped in the air, seemed to do a flip, spun around trying to find what was after him and then shot across the field at top speed!

I do not think I hit him, but I must have come close enough to get his undivided attention. A few rounds like this and he will find other hunting grounds.
One of our most vicous nasty neighbourhhod moggies with a penchant for slaughtering birds got its come uppance a short while ago , It was seen stalking something quite small by the hedgerow near the council garages at the end of the street, turns out to be a couple of fox cubs, Moggie stalked cubs but did not notice Mrs Vixen stalking it. Cuts to chase instead of cat killing cubs, cubs got a nice meal of cat. I love foxes, true natural predators that belong in the UK, unlike domestic cats.

Talking about Coyotes I like them they are honest critters, wild n free, I nearly had a gun fight with my late dear friend John on the Cimmeron Grasslands when I spotted him taking aim at one taking a drink. I had to remind him most forcefully that HE had taught ME only to kill for food or to protect lifestock. A greatly under appreciated creature is the Coyote, just like the Fox and Wolf.
When I was a kid in Lincolnshire we used to "irritate" sheep like that.
It was hilarious to fire an air pistol at them from about 20-30 yards so as you can imagine little effect at that range but there reaction was similar to the cat... absolutely f-ing hilarious... whiled away many hours...
see my reply in mortblanc introduce yourself .......more water in this wiskey i think
Say hi to Barack and Michelle....
We do not mix water with perfectly good whisky over here! Not if consumed properly anyway.

Osama and the "top lady" we will not speak of. They are someone elses' presidentual couple, not mine. Our nation is polarized right now to the point that we verge on civil war. I am sure you are not seeing that in our media or yours.

Certainly not my favourite couple,either.Rather HORRID, in fact!!!!!
(28 November 2012, 10:25)ObongoPox Wrote: [ -> ]Certainly not my favourite couple,either.Rather HORRID, in fact!!!!!

But better than the war criminal G Dubya Bush by a long way.
(28 November 2012, 05:24)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]We do not mix water with perfectly good whisky over here! Not if consumed properly anyway.

Osama and the "top lady" we will not speak of. They are someone elses' presidentual couple, not mine. Our nation is polarized right now to the point that we verge on civil war. I am sure you are not seeing that in our media or yours.

Don't worry we know, SOME of us on here check out alternative media sources so are FULLY aware of whats going on over there.

As such I cordially invite you, should things go pear shaped over there to come over here should you wish.

I have a spare room and can accommodate you into my preps if you wish.

Your always welcome cousin.
(28 November 2012, 05:24)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]We do not mix water with perfectly good whisky over here! Not if consumed properly anyway.

Suh, the south with rise again Smile
Pages: 1 2