Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Arctic conditions hit.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just glad that I pickled all those extra shallots and that Rye Bread I've got lasts for ages...I will not be going out very far if I can help it. The best part of Prepping is being in your home, safe and warm, with lots of nice food and feeling very smug.Big Grin
Yep were pretty well prepped blankets dug out, extra UHT milk, flour and yeast so were ready.
did a big shop at Tesco's last Monday, bought 50% more than we would normally, larder is heaving, so yep we're ready for it.Big Grin
Tesco is a 5 minute walk for me - have enough preps to last a good few months.
Will be stocking up on more bread flour and UHT milk (even though it's horrid) and a few luxuries as it's the festive period.
Finding somewhere to put it all is the main problem - prep room is bursting at the seams...
(29 November 2012, 15:27)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Tesco is a 5 minute walk for me - have enough preps to last a good few months.
Will be stocking up on more bread flour and UHT milk (even though it's horrid) and a few luxuries as it's the festive period.
Finding somewhere to put it all is the main problem - prep room is bursting at the seams...

UHT milk isnt that bad, if you buy Tesco's one its made with British milk and i dont think you'd know it wasnt fresh milk. our NEAREST Tesco's is a 50 mile round trip-which is why we only go once a month!Big Grin
(29 November 2012, 15:30)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 November 2012, 15:27)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Tesco is a 5 minute walk for me - have enough preps to last a good few months.

UHT milk isnt that bad, if you buy Tesco's one its made with British milk and i dont think you'd know it wasnt fresh milk. our NEAREST Tesco's is a 50 mile round trip-which is why we only go once a month!Big Grin

It's got to be full fat or not at all. None of that diet milk for me!!

we drink the skimmed milk, but other varieties are available!Big Grin i have to keep off full fat and "rich" food as i have no gall bladder.
Today the temp is.......ZERO degrees! Well, that's according to the car thermometer that is about 2-3 degrees too high.
Minus 7 in some parts of Scotland this morning.
Pages: 1 2