Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Help For Heroes But What About The Others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have help for heroes that was started for soldiers of the second Iraqi war, but what about victims of the first war, the Falklands war and past wars, the British Legion does a fantastic job, but I think its about time the government updated anything concerning help for the ex-military, Help For Heroes was started by people that gave a shit but I think it should include those from the Falklands and above. People on here have brought up about the IRA and how the super grasses should be allowed to carry guns, well to tell the truth that actually turns my stomach and makes me sick we have people that served during that campaign and the future one thanks to the real IRA. I don't know but I'm properly gonna get ripped another one or two, but my point is why is this charity relying on public donations ?
(1 December 2012, 17:23)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]We have help for heroes that was started for soldiers of the second Iraqi war, but what about victims of the first war, the Falklands war and past wars, the British Legion does a fantastic job, but I think its about time the government updated anything concerning help for the ex-military, Help For Heroes was started by people that gave a shit but I think it should include those from the Falklands and above. People on here have brought up about the IRA and how the super grasses should be allowed to carry guns, well to tell the truth that actually turns my stomach and makes me sick we have people that served during that campaign and the future one thanks to the real IRA. I don't know but I'm properly gonna get ripped another one or two, but my point is why is this charity relying on public donations ?

because the UK is run by rich boys who think they are still playing toy soldiers

(1 December 2012, 17:31)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 December 2012, 17:23)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]We have help for heroes that was started for soldiers of the second Iraqi war, but what about victims of the first war, the Falklands war and past wars, the British Legion does a fantastic job, but I think its about time the government updated anything concerning help for the ex-military, Help For Heroes was started by people that gave a shit but I think it should include those from the Falklands and above. People on here have brought up about the IRA and how the super grasses should be allowed to carry guns, well to tell the truth that actually turns my stomach and makes me sick we have people that served during that campaign and the future one thanks to the real IRA. I don't know but I'm properly gonna get ripped another one or two, but my point is why is this charity relying on public donations ?

because the UK is run by rich boys who think they are still playing toy soldiers LIONS LEAD BY SHEEP

That doesn't help the poor buggers maimed by IED's and bullet wounds and grenades etc even you BB hopefully agree's with me.
(1 December 2012, 17:36)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't help the poor buggers maimed by IED's and bullet wounds and grenades etc even you BB hopefully agree's with me.

even me ,i have the up most respect for are boys and girls ,its the twats that are at the top that piss me off
All wars should have charitable status and rely on public donations, that way we know it will be over by christmas and at least the charity shops will sell some decent stuff. I did my bit, but I wouldn't fight again unless the bad guys were at my front door.
The Royal British Legion is there to help ex-services no matter when they served. It is a charity funded through the poppy appeal, donations, fund raising through its clubs, retail, legacy and so on. I think Help for Heros should be merged into the RBL - having more than one charity serving the same group of people means more money wasted on admin, more confusion over who does what and so on.

With regards to the 'supergrass' that the chap I was talking about was labled by someone else in another thread, the guy I remember was recruited by Army Intel to go and and join the IRA. He was on the Army payroll before joining the IRA - no different really to someone joining the army intel and going undercover.

That said, plenty of ex IRA have weapons for personal protection. I think we would be doing a disservice to our own humanity to let people be murdered on the streets, let alone the problems it would cause with the peace process. Just to be clear, I do not support the IRA in any way whatsoever - I have two Rangers shirts and whistle The Sash.
Bloody hell I never thought I'd say it but thankyou BDG I agree totally they should be merged, I didn't think of that Big Grin