Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Cruise / drone AIMABLE EMP weapon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if these buggers become as common as drones and cruise missles I assure you chaps you will need to think again about electronic comms.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...onics.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...onics.html
I've been looking at buying my own for surveillance. Programmed course, real time video. Starts at £500 for a very basic going up.
Every step forward in long endurance drones and UAVs and every advance in electronic warfare really make me think we should be doing much much more to organise non electronic coms systems such as couriers, RVs, meets, dead letter drops etc. add to that the ever intrusive nature of the govt, EU, UN, Yanks, Banks, Telecoms firms, Google, Microsoft etc the more I know I'm right.
Were going more and more like terminator,drones scare me as youldnt even know there on too of you 99% of the time
just build a faraday cage, like in that film Enemy of the state
because if its a missile or a drone, you'd be able to hear it and get your gear in the cage hopefully before it targeted you
You would not necessarily hear them before they showed up, Cestrian and they are designed to sneak up on folks. Surveillance, you see.

NR's point is very valid about organising non-electronic means of comms but we will certainly need to keep working on the electronic ones too.

DAMMM I HATE DRONES!!!!!
(2 December 2012, 15:41)Cestrian Wrote: [ -> ]just build a faraday cage, like in that film Enemy of the state
because if its a missile or a drone, you'd be able to hear it and get your gear in the cage hopefully before it targeted you

Your missing the point mon ami, if they have a drone buggering around up in the clouds 24 / 7 as soon as we squeeze the transmit button, encrypted or not all they have to do is fire the directional EMP device in our direction and suddenly your radio is junk.
cant we shoot the damn things down??
It makes Skynet almost real, every time the resistance used anything electronic the drones just targeted the area. So every time we used our radios if there is a droning up top that radio will be toasted. The only working system would be use once and throw away radios and get another for the next transmission.

BP not a cat in hells chance they moved at anything from 100 to 500 mph from 2000 feet up to 30,000 feet, The Israelis recently shot down two home made palestinian drones and they had to deply f16 falcons to do the job.
Set aside all the pro and anti radio subject matter, regardless of the validity of radios, we must have a redunancy system unaffected by EMP as I stated above.
carrier pigeons anyone??Big Grin
Pages: 1 2