Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What is a SHTF situation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(12 December 2012, 10:22)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(12 December 2012, 10:13)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not saying The Road wasn't a SHTF situation. I'm just saying that the situation was ongoing and thus became 'everyday life'.
what i'm saying is, you have to have a base line for what is "normal" first, so we HAVE to say the life we have now is NORMAL or at least its normal for the 21st century, now anything that alters that normalcy FOR GOOD..there aint no coming back to it, its not temporary-not even for 15 years...its permanent, then that is your SHTF event, yes you could say that new life then becomes normal life but its NOT the same normal life that went before, its different.

That's what I'm saying as well.

I was using The Road as an example for Highlander's normality gradualisation.
Its not easy is it?,..I am not sure I know the answer, maybe its just simply the words we use, `sh*t hits the fan` its dramatic.

Throughout history the human race has gone through some very big events,.. each time we have adapted,..ok in the first instance `the sh*t hit the fan` but each time we managed through it, life became hard and dangerous, but the longer it went on the more normal it became

I mean look at Japan,.. the fall out from that plant was equal to a small nuke bomb, it wiped out half the country, killed thousands,... yet people are back to `normal`, and have been for a month or more,..it might not be the `normal` of before, but its become the normal way of life to them, and for them its long term... but they have adapted,....
Pages: 1 2 3