Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What Procedure is in Place?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What Procedure is in Place?

I’m fairly new here but I have been thinking...shouldn’t we have some sort of procedure for when forum members disappear for long periods of time without a credible explanation? Take our friend N.R do we really know that he wrote that last post? Or was it the work of MOSAD, CIA or a gang of Bangkok Lady Boys who may have kidnapped him and are as we speak be giving it to him with some serious ‘Gangham Style.......whoop...whoop Gangham Style’!

Shall we wait another 24 hours before swooping into action and using our vast resources to find him?

What do you all think?
I would think that SD would know that the messgae at least came from his computer because of the IP address,... more than that maybe he doesnt want to be found
(11 December 2012, 08:45)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I would think that SD would know that the messgae at least came from his computer because of the IP address,... more than that maybe he doesnt want to be found

That would be a great shame.Sad
I think it would be a lot of effort for very little benefit......even if we are looking for NR.

Think of it this way.
SD vanishes! We get up, go out, search for him. Find him......then he says he was on holiday and forgot to mention it.

We go looking for NR. Find him, and it turns out.....he just got bored of the forum scene.

I disappear (which I have done in the past) and loads of effort is put into finding me. Turns out my laptop broke and I was too busy at work to find the time to replace it.

It's a hell of a lot of effort, that will inevitably lead to a loss of internet connection, a family emergency, surprise holiday, or something like that.

Anyway, I'm sure the CIA have better things to do than kidnap a guy with a cupboard of tins. Not sure about MOSAD though.
Not everyone wants to be found
(11 December 2012, 08:45)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I would think that SD would know that the messgae at least came from his computer because of the IP address,... more than that maybe he doesnt want to be found

Your IP address can be easily hidden or made to appear it originates from a separate location.
(11 December 2012, 12:21)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]

Your IP address can be easily hidden or made to appear it originates from a separate location.

Yup, and most are dynamic now, so very rarely (if ever) the same.

(8 December 2012, 17:34)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i'm sorry i dont really understand this one, why is everyone leaving the country?? if one third have already left that leaves more space for the rest of us, imagine if 1 in every 3 people had left your area, would you also leave?? or would you just follow the herd and leave as well ??

(11 December 2012, 08:38)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]What Procedure is in Place?

I’m fairly new here but I have been thinking...shouldn’t we have some sort of procedure for when forum members disappear for long periods of time without a credible explanation? Take our friend N.R do we really know that he wrote that last post? Or was it the work of MOSAD, CIA or a gang of Bangkok Lady Boys who may have kidnapped him and are as we speak be giving it to him with some serious ‘Gangham Style.......whoop...whoop Gangham Style’!

Shall we wait another 24 hours before swooping into action and using our vast resources to find him?

What do you all think?

He's run away with a black man...
Spoke to NR he says the LadyBoys are looking after him fine so don't bother looking.

Seriously though. People visit, join and then stop visiting all the time. It is impossible to know why. We just carry on.If you are worried about it though you need to put plans in place for yourself so your shout for help gets out.

Our government has already shown it is more than happy to imprison anyone for anything it considers against the state.
(11 December 2012, 14:27)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]......Our government has already shown it is more than happy to imprison anyone for anything it considers against the state.

Ain't that the truth...... In a previous life I see some scary s**t held by AI in their archive.....

MA
Pages: 1 2