Survival UK Forums

Full Version: New purchase today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So after visiting an archery shop in Honiton yesterday where my housemate bought a nice american flat longbow, I thought it only right I got a new toy.
So visited Southern Counties on Dorchester road and picked up a Weihrauch HW80 .22 and scope. Bloody lovely feel to it, solid and good quality.
A little more than I intended to spend but it will last me a long time if I look after it.
Will head into the field tomorrow and zero it.
Good gun that.
If you get it tuned right it does 15ft/lbs plus...
(14 December 2012, 22:13)Tezauzz Wrote: [ -> ]So after visiting an archery shop in Honiton yesterday where my housemate bought a nice american flat longbow, I thought it only right I got a new toy.
So visited Southern Counties on Dorchester road and picked up a Weihrauch HW80 .22 and scope. Bloody lovely feel to it, solid and good quality.
A little more than I intended to spend but it will last me a long time if I look after it.
Will head into the field tomorrow and zero it.

very nice gun pal look after it and it will last a life time
(14 December 2012, 23:01)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]Good gun that.
If you get it tuned right it does 15ft/lbs plus...

Really looking forward to gettting some range time with it. Although more power is exciting I don't want to run before I can walk with it. But eventually I probably will.

Will upgrading it cause damage? and how do you get 15Lbs out of it exactly? I saw something about changing the gas cylinder for the .177 one but not sure if that will work?
a great gun.....had one for 25 years....
New toys are always fun
(15 December 2012, 00:45)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]New toys are always fun

Sure are... got a Compound bow and a Pro Diablo slingshot too... Serious target shooting once the sun comes up!
Don't bother with upgrading it if you get caught you can get in serious shite as it is looked upon as a firearm, also if ever you have work done at a shot and they chrono it and its over they can confiscate it and report you, hw's can come overpowered as standard anyway my old mans hw90 was running at just under 13ft/lb straight out the box with eley wasps, cranking up springers and gas ram guns just effects accuracy its different if your getting an fac pcp as there is no real recoil.

You've just got a fantastic full power accurate gun in the hw80 arguably one of the best designed break barrelled guns ever produced don't go butchering it!
I second not messing with the power. If the police decide to chrono it for any reason, you will be up in court, you will forfeit any and all firearms, you will not get compensation and you will more than likely not get a SGC or FAC should you want one in the future.

If you want more than 12ft/lbs, get a FAC and get something designed to do the job rather than modifying.

On top of that, everytime some idiot who illegally modified an air rifle is caught, it adds weight to calls from ACPO to licence all air weapons.
As above you have to be careful as bdg and uf says.

Whilst it is interesting from a mechanical point of view, if mr plod sees you shooting and decides to confiscate then get it analyzed as they sometimes are want to do, you WILL be in a lot of trouble.

You could try and gt away with saying it was already like that BUT gun shops chronograph weapons they sell and are not by law legally able to sell weapons over the 12ft/lbs limit, well they shouldn't but...

Saying that they probably have a chronograph record of the power level for their own legal liability so getting away with it may not be possible or likely nowadays.

You can however buy tuning kits, springs etc from the tinterweb but it is YOUR responsibility and yours alone, if you do this to make sure it stays within the legal limits. look up hw80 power tuning kits look herehttp://[/url][url]http://www.woodfield-g...tuning.htm
http://weihrauchowners.freeforums.org/tu...t9186.html
Pages: 1 2 3