Survival UK Forums

Full Version: could you survive for 3months in -30C?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I could live at home for a few months but my whole setup is based around collecting water after a few months and growing food after 9 months to suppliment the stores. I couldn't live in the conditions that they did. My vehicle travel kit is not up to even one night of that.
(18 December 2012, 16:54)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-trip.html

dont think i would like to find out ,but -30 is bloody cold used to work in a cold store that got down to -27 could work in there for three hours at a time ,your eyes and inside your nose would freeze
Its amazing how they even survived, most people couldnt do it, i carnt imagine what -30 is like. got to -16 a few years ago and i thought that was bad, but i was inside out of the elements
when your that hungry your gag reflex stops ,so its chow time
I have been out in -18 while on Military exercise in Norway,... our vehicals wouldnt survive without carefull treatment, all the wagons had to have neat anti-freeze and special fan belts, or the cold would just snap them, care had to be taken when driving.

At that temp, you do not want to breath the air direct always have something over your mouth or you can scorch your lungs, never remove gloves or you loose your fingers, googles are the normal, not just against the glare of the snow, but bare eyes can lead to your eyes freezing open

Those Russian guys did well because although they didnt intend to get stuck out there, I am sure they would have been very well prepared clothes wise, and of course being native would know just how to live in those conditions,... again knowledge is so important to survival
Stalingrad springs to mind... doable maybe with luck but not nice, not nice at all.
(18 December 2012, 17:32)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]when your that hungry your gag reflex stops ,so its chow time

do what it takes to survive if you don't think you could eat that meat then you are not much of a survivalist Big Grin
Just been reading the news on russsia its now there worst winter since 1938 up to minus 50 in Siberia.
3 months-with preps in place? just sit tight and wait for the thaw! now if it was permanent-that a whole new ball game!!
Pages: 1 2