Survival UK Forums

Full Version: It Doesen't Take Much.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Check the link guys it just goes to show that it does not take very much to empty the shelves, I think I have finally got my wife on side after seeing this. Can you imagine what would happen with a couple of weeks bad weather.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-no...d-20820222
yes, we lived in Somerset when the "fuel strikes" took place, the shelves in the local supermarket emptied within 48 hours and couldn't be restocked, although the smaller corner shops DID get resupplied because they used smaller lorries and vans.
I think fuel strike/shortage or a bit of snow like they have in Russia just now could see everything grind to a halt within days, is one of the most likely SHTF situations I could see that happening any winter I don't think it would take that much snow to cause serious probs.

And look at the buying people do because the shops are shut for one day at xmas
(22 December 2012, 12:25)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]I think fuel strike/shortage or a bit of snow like they have in Russia just now could see everything grind to a halt within days, is one of the most likely SHTF situations I could see that happening any winter I don't think it would take that much snow to cause serious probs.

And look at the buying people do because the shops are shut for one day at xmas

nope, your right, one flake of snow and the whole country grinds to a halt!!Big GrinBig Grin
cant they have garden or and there own stores wouldnt be a prob then
Wait you mean the shops dont have what im after when I want it, how will I cope without my almond flavoured latte for breakfast? Is what I would imagine the dailyfail readers would be thinking right now. Guru im glad your wives on your side now.
i dont think the sheeple even realise the supermarkets have a "just in time" delivery system, just one thing goes wrong and it all comes apart, we are 3 meals away from anarchy.
The slightest hiccup in a JIT system and it becomes a Just Too late system
and has been, in the past, and no doubt will in the future.
With to-days floods, there is the possibility that people in the flooded areas will soon be without necessities. Kenneth Eames.
Pages: 1 2 3