Survival UK Forums

Full Version: a list of 2013 predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Wish Bashar Assad would bio-chemically attack Israel thereby triggering instantaneous nuclear escalation both regionally and beyond hahaha.
(6 January 2013, 00:35)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 January 2013, 23:21)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]A better area for the WW3 survivalist might be Lochaber, particularly to the west of Fort William (e.g. Knoydart). I know I had been looking at building sites in that area in the past year or so, but am now looking at the Alps instead. That said, if a global bio-plague erupted, Knoydart might be a great place to sit it out!

Now that is very good news,..living as I do 50 miles due west of Fort William in the heart of Lochaber

...but hang on a minute,... I was off on a `sell my gas mask trip` then,... untill I remembered that all the Vangard-class submarines, with their Trident missiles are based at Faslane on the Clyde,... which is south of Lochaber.

I know that the missiles are stored on Loch Long,... but if I know that then so do the bad guys,...I am also aware that the prevailing winds are west to east [ usualy ] so any nasty stuff from an attack would be heading for Edinburgh/Dundee

.... but we sometimes get a north wind????????
Bye,bye wheelchair-friendly Britain.
(6 January 2013, 00:46)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(6 January 2013, 00:35)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 January 2013, 23:21)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]A better area for the WW3 survivalist might be Lochaber, particularly to the west of Fort William (e.g. Knoydart). I know I had been looking at building sites in that area in the past year or so, but am now looking at the Alps instead. That said, if a global bio-plague erupted, Knoydart might be a great place to sit it out!

Now that is very good news,..living as I do 50 miles due west of Fort William in the heart of Lochaber

...but hang on a minute,... I was off on a `sell my gas mask trip` then,... untill I remembered that all the Vangard-class submarines, with their Trident missiles are based at Faslane on the Clyde,... which is south of Lochaber.

I know that the missiles are stored on Loch Long,... but if I know that then so do the bad guys,...I am also aware that the prevailing winds are west to east [ usualy ] so any nasty stuff from an attack would be heading for Edinburgh/Dundee

.... but we sometimes get a north wind????????

North flowing winds are rare in the UK, luckily enough from your perspective. So in trying to position oneself to minimise (not totally prevent, as that's impossible) risk of fallout reaching your location one have to work on the basis of prevailing winds which, for the entire British Isles, are from the SW to the NE (i.e. "southwesterlies"). Off course, if it kicks off in a meteorological blocking situation drawing in easterlies, the fallout risk suddenly increases.
(6 January 2013, 12:53)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]North flowing winds are rare in the UK, luckily enough from your perspective. So in trying to position oneself to minimise (not totally prevent, as that's impossible) risk of fallout reaching your location one have to work on the basis of prevailing winds which, for the entire British Isles, are from the SW to the NE (i.e. "southwesterlies"). Off course, if it kicks off in a meteorological blocking situation drawing in easterlies, the fallout risk suddenly increases.

thats one reason we moved from Somerset, we were 15 miles directly down wind of Hinckley Point, where we live now the winds are FROM the south west.
(6 January 2013, 00:29)BDG Wrote: [ -> ]The only none ally who could realistically launch such a strike and not have most of their stuff shot down is Russia. Russia is not going to attack us.

Biggest threat nuke wise is in the UK is a bomb that comes in on a ship, but who ever could do that would much rather nuke America. Anyone want to bet £50,000 with me, I take the position the UK will not be attacked with nuclear weapons in the next 30 years.

If you want to go higher, we can, just do not want to scare any one off playing for real money - £50K will buy little more than a banger for running around in in 30 years. I am more than happy to play for £2.27M at the moment.

The problem I have in discussing this subject even with preppers is the lack of familiarity people have with long term geopolitical aims of the major powers. That's why I try to ease the subject in through mainstream references, such as Rosenbaum's book of last year which asserts, plainly, that the major powers are preparing for - at the minimum - a limited yet global nuclear war in the near future.

In my view, for what it's worth, key world events must precede it. The west has to be locked down and that includes the web, with dissidents quietened, and potential "insurgents" aka US patriots stood down / disarmed / interned. The winder western populations have to be placed on a war footing, or to be blunt, manipulated into a sense of patriotic readiness in the face of horrific austerity (think WW2 rationing).

I want to write much more but my toddlers are playing up here... Later!
the trouble with politics-both national and international- is most find it so mind numbingly boring or too intellectual, or both. i think most politicians are only interested in 2 things, staying in power and feathering their own nests, dosent matter if its a western power or middle eastern or whatever, the results are the same. i think that, like BDG said, we have more to fear from some Terrorist operating in a small cell or operating alone, than some other country openly going to war with the UK.

all politicians are liars and truth twisters, they say one thing in opposition, make claims and say they will do this or that, then when they get into office they promptly forget all the promises they made, they are the lowest of the low and the world can do without them.
The political objectives I was referring to are the goals of the moneyed establishments in the various major powers, not their puppets / front-men they present to the masses as candidates / politicians.

Another critical book on the subject: New Lies For Old by ex KGB agent Anatoli Golitsyn. He defected to the west in the 1980s and predicted the collapse of the Soviet Union, Russia becoming democratic, reducing its arms and many other events that have since come to pass. He did warn though that the whole thing was staged by the Russian elites to buy time to modernise, build its economy, lull the west and re-arm before going in for the kill.
Im going to have to check that book out
(6 January 2013, 15:27)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]The political objectives I was referring to are the goals of the moneyed establishments in the various major powers, not their puppets / front-men they present to the masses as candidates / politicians.
too deep for me CF!Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4