Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Snow chains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the daily mail issuing snow of doom warnings all week I discovered lidl are doing snowchains for £19.99 yesterday and have them in various sizes
(13 January 2013, 11:47)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]With the daily mail issuing snow of doom warnings all week I discovered lidl are doing snowchains for £19.99 yesterday and have them in various sizes

is that a set do you no?
They come in pairs
I am a bit daft with snow chains, I carry them with me all year round, even though I have a 4x4.... 4x4s are no better than two wheel drives on ice,... the ones advertised here are good value,.. everyone should have a pair,.... and more importantly KNOW HOW TO FIT THEM,... I have seen so many people fit them wrong and risk a lot of damage
(13 January 2013, 17:38)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I am a bit daft with snow chains, I carry them with me all year round, even though I have a 4x4.... 4x4s are no better than two wheel drives on ice,... the ones advertised here are good value,.. everyone should have a pair,.... and more importantly KNOW HOW TO FIT THEM,... I have seen so many people fit them wrong and risk a lot of damage

Remember Highlander snow chains are also good for deep mud.
i believe you need lots of snow and regular depths of it, if you fit snow chains and drive over a clear bit of road you damage the road and could be fined! not suitable for the south west as we dont have enough regular falls of snow to warrant the use. our normal weather is RAIN and lots of it.
I had a look at the Lidl chains several weeks ago but the sizes they stock wouldn't fit either my Landrover or my Peugeot 306, so I got a pair from Amazon for £34.

To fit the Peugeot, that is. 175/70 13
(13 January 2013, 11:47)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]With the daily mail issuing snow of doom warnings all week I discovered lidl are doing snowchains for £19.99 yesterday and have them in various sizes

omg thank you i have been thinking about this a long time... but always so expensive

omg thank you i have been thinking about this a long time... but always so expensive
Were all trying to help each other out
saw these in our "local" Lidl(like 8 miles away) yesterday!