Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Heads up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hello folks,
Regarding the thread about Khukuri,
I mentioned that I would be buying a Khukuri from "Khukuri House" in Nepal as they are considered to be authentic pieces, and informing everyone here as to how it went. I have been on the site and have been informed that they have some issues with cancelled orders from the Ghurkas and so any orders may be delayed due to decreased workforce as a result of less orders. I wont be ordering until normal production numbers are resumed. If you need to consider another Khukuri you could look at Tora Khukuri: they are a Uk site with their own suppliers in Nepal who make "authentic" Khukuri.
I,ve decided to get a Cold Steel 1796 Light Cavalry Sabre until Khukuri house have resumed normal production rates
i have a smith and wesson mint better than the old one dad gave to me 30 years ago
I have recieved my Cold Steel 1796 Light Cavalry Sabre, and have been using it for a few days now. I am quite impressed with this sword, and understand why it is well respected compared to their other pieces which can be a tad agricultural.

Pro's
excelent cutting performance, proof tested (certificate) reasonable historical accuracy, very handy with a bit of training. Very good steel composition and tempering. Will last a considerable number of years

Cons
needs training to use correctly, otherwise it may seem "blade heavy"
not a blade for styles that require finesse, this is a brawler!!
needs looking after, this means cleaning and oiling EVERY time you use it.
PS if you need a good blade to use without any training that will still be good to use with the minimum of servicing get yourself a good Machete.
swords require training
But you dont look like a gentleman whilst weilding a machete :p
Indeed Metroyeti I do like a classical blade, but failing that screaming like a fkin maniac whilst weilding a Machete does tend to put the fear of God into ones openentsBig Grin
I definately see BigPaul as the Machete type guy, we just need to know if he's a screaming fkin maniac

Watch this space for confirmationTongue
(20 January 2013, 01:55)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]I definately see BigPaul as the Machete type guy, we just need to know if he's a screaming fkin maniac

Watch this space for confirmationTongue

got 2 machetes and a WW2 bayonet, so yes!Big Grin
aaahhh the Bayonet, a lovely piece of kit and very English, they don't like it up em do they.
(20 January 2013, 18:49)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]aaahhh the Bayonet, a lovely piece of kit and very English, they don't like it up em do they.
yep, the one i've got is long with a broad blade its more like a short sword!!Big Grin
There will be a few khukri's on Sids Surplus soon Smile
Just had a look at Sids Surplus Machete's and for that price you can't go wrong really. The Panga would be my choice.
Pages: 1 2