Survival UK Forums

Full Version: what would life be like with out others
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Geordie water is a big issue for me, dont fancy collecting water from the tyne
Garden ponds and water butts is the way I have gone,... remembering to boil it all before useing ofcourse
I'm planning on the water butt route. A few of them all lined up. While they're not needed for drinking water they'll do lovely for my veg plants. I won't have a pond for the kids.
(16 January 2013, 22:11)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Geordie water is a big issue for me, dont fancy collecting water from the tyne

Unless you are up past Newburn, you should not anyhow, the water will be brackish up to there or there about. As with Highlander, water barrels and boil the water before use. Collect rainwater as it falls on roofs. One barrel will keep a person in drinking water no bother. More people or use the water for cleaning and such, more barrels.

If you have space for an IBC get one of those two and a small hand pump so when you have excess water in winter you can store it from your barrels.
Unfortunatly I have a shared back yard so I carnt have a water barrel, and its quite a hike to newburn from n.shields
(17 January 2013, 23:36)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunatly I have a shared back yard so I carnt have a water barrel, and its quite a hike to newburn from n.shields

Preston Park / Northumbria Park / Marden Quarry pond?

We should make you an advert 'can you spare just £3 a month to get Metroyeti a sustainable source of water'.

You could just take and hold the Priory - plenty fresh water leaks out of the cliffs and under the priory is loads of tunnels and caves, bound to be plenty water in them.

Whats it like for getting allotments over your end?
(17 January 2013, 23:36)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunatly I have a shared back yard so I carnt have a water barrel, and its quite a hike to newburn from n.shields

You would have to fill your bath and all sinks and buckets..[ and any other containers you could find ],..... cant you also get plastic ` tanks` that fit in the bath?
(18 January 2013, 02:42)Hex Wrote: [ -> ]what about a water bob? Big Grin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WaterBOB-Emerg...20ce90fa33

Yes,... thats the kind of thing I was talking about,...although I would prefer it in black, it will stay fresher longer,..but you could cover it with bin liners
Pages: 1 2