Survival UK Forums

Full Version: proposed gun laws
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-21051062 would you want your EX to say if you could have a gun or not???
What a load of bollocks!

Quote:The statement marks a shift in tone from the government's initial response, which said it would look into the proposal despite its "concerns that involving partners and recent ex-partners in signing applications may put them in a position of vulnerability and increased risk of renewed violence and abuse.

"Also, consent from a current partner may mean that the partner signs the application to ensure their imminent safety without consideration for future safety."

Yeah, cause if you're going to kill your partner, or ex, you need a gun to do it. Jesus, you'll have to get your ex's second cousins friends mum to sign off on buying kitchen knives and spoons soon! Angry
Political manurvering,... anything to try and get a vote without tackleing the real problems of the country,... to be seen to be doing something
I havent seen my ex in about 6 years. I wouldnt want her having any input in my life as much as I would be able to give to hers. "dont give this woman a credit card" would be my main advice.
(17 January 2013, 17:52)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]I havent seen my ex in about 6 years.

havent seen my ex for 20 years, thats another reason why i left Plymouth!!Tongue
Raises the question - how do they know that such and such is your ex. What counts? Do you have to have lived with them? What about one night stands? Do you have to have told them that you love them?
in my case i have been married 3 times and divorced twice!Big Grin
[quote='BeardyMan' pid='41713' dateline='1358433326']
What a load of bollocks!

Couldnt agree more!!!!
I will never happen of course, there would be far too much prejudice, what happens if you are young and single having had no relationships?,... how do you prove relationships?,... what if your partner has a criminal offence?,..what happens if your partner has gone abroad?.,..would a Policeman, Lawyer, Judge or serving soldier have to have permission from his partner?

This idea has already had its day
Never so easily dismiss the stupidity of politicians after a vote
Pages: 1 2