Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thinking outside the box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(20 January 2013, 11:36)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a bucket........ Smile

I'm not for sale. Big Grin

Seriously though, yes a tumble dryer can be cannibalised after an event.

Did once wire a bike to a dryer to make it manual (for a bet) so could be an option in a no power environment.

Most chemicals in condenser dryer water is leftover detergent, so a quick boil its Ok.
(20 January 2013, 17:44)Bucket Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 January 2013, 11:36)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Buy a bucket........ Smile

I'm not for sale. Big Grin

Seriously though, yes a tumble dryer can be cannibalised after an event.

Did once wire a bike to a dryer to make it manual (for a bet) so could be an option in a no power environment.

Most chemicals in condenser dryer water is leftover detergent, so a quick boil its Ok.

Plus it'll make your breath smell nice Big Grin
coke cans can be made into little cookers Smile
(21 January 2013, 21:08)Hex Wrote: [ -> ]coke cans can be made into little cookers Smile

Gawd that just brought back a memory,.. when we were in the far east in the Jungle, we would hang `coke can billy cans` from the end of our rifle barrels, and brew up on the march,... if we ever needed to use the rifle, we simply lost the brew.

We used three tins,.. the half size marzarine tin,.. the coke tin and the larger stew tins,.. punch large holes in the marzarine tin, and place unside down in the larger stew tin,... after fist lighting a hexamine cube under it,...and on top of the marzarine tin the coke tin with the water,... hang the whole thing from your rifle battel,.... and hope you didnt see the enemy....Smile
Heres a idea,.... we already have the washing machine, which wont be a lot of good if the grid goes down..... unless we adapted it,... heres one way of doing it,.... keep you fit at the same time

http://www.appropedia.org/HSU_Bike_power...ng_machine
(21 January 2013, 22:57)Bracken Wrote: [ -> ]Heres a idea,.... we already have the washing machine, which wont be a lot of good if the grid goes down..... unless we adapted it,... heres one way of doing it,.... keep you fit at the same time

http://www.appropedia.org/HSU_Bike_power...ng_machine

....and I bet I know whos job it would be to do the washing..Sad... nice find though
Crack the whip bracken
Pages: 1 2