Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ex-Services?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes im exmil it does make more sense and i feel its makes it easier.
i'm NOT ex-mil, nearly joined up once but my dad wouldnt let me go. i think the military is go for the survival side of things, but dosent teach anything to do with the Prepping side.
Unfortunately not, I went in a signed up, did all the tests, even picked my profession. Then it came to the medical bit. I went to see the dr and asked him to "omit" my broken pelvis from the records (he was a family friend) - unfortunately he wan't able or willing to drop that section, so I wasn't allowed in.
(25 January 2013, 10:40)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately not, I went in a signed up, did all the tests, even picked my profession. Then it came to the medical bit. I went to see the dr and asked him to "omit" my broken pelvis from the records (he was a family friend) - unfortunately he wan't able or willing to drop that section, so I wasn't allowed in.
yes, i dont think i would have got past the medical either, i had serious Asthma back then, i also had and still have flat feet!!
(25 January 2013, 10:48)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 January 2013, 10:40)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately not, I went in a signed up, did all the tests, even picked my profession. Then it came to the medical bit. I went to see the dr and asked him to "omit" my broken pelvis from the records (he was a family friend) - unfortunately he wan't able or willing to drop that section, so I wasn't allowed in.
yes, i dont think i would have got past the medical either, i had serious Asthma back then, i also had and still have flat feet!!

Should have checked out the police force Wink

a broken pelvis shit i bet that hurt !!!!
(25 January 2013, 11:42)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]a broken pelvis shit i bet that hurt !!!!

Yeah, did tickle a little. Worst bit was when the "fin" bit poked out through the skin a little bit.
Still, I escaped from hospital after 3 days (they wanted to keep me in for 3 weeks!) and kept hobbling around (There's not much they can do really). Not the best idea as I now have exoskelosis, or whatever the doctor called it - extra thick bone - under my tendons so when it's cold I can't straighten my right leg.
Spent the first 18 years of my life on various RAF bases- tried to join up, but being blind in on eye kind of stops you officially from flying things.

Took me until I was 15 to work out not everybody has a rank.
Pages: 1 2