Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Her Indoors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm just curious, chaps, but how do your wives/partners feel about your survival/prepping activities?

I'm the one trying to make sure I have all the cracks papered in our house. My OH (ex-armed forces and very laid back) is quite oblivious to the warning signs all around, but would probably leap into action if anything horrible happened. Do you have the support of your families?
Just split up with my girlfriend so no support there and 90% of everyone i know thinks im completely madBig Grin
Well I am lucky that my wife is here [ Bracken ] so is 100% in support

I do feel for those of us who`s spouse`s dont feel as we do, I am sure that they would be there with us if anything happened, but would that be too late?, it has to be very hard for one member of a household to store/prepare while the other donts agree or care
OH is fine about it ... was a bit sceptical at first but after a few chats around the issues she's on board with the prepping
As long as I'm not 'obsessing' or spending too much time or money on it, she's cool with it.
(27 January 2013, 21:21)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]As long as I'm not 'obsessing' or spending too much time or money on it, she's cool with it.

so shes not that happy then S13 Big Grin
I would say OH is 98% only because i want to move up high and out the way....ITS A NO..she does not quite get the true cravity of sh.t to come...but supports me nonetheless because she loves me...so i have to change tack cause i love her see ....thats the way it is..thats the way its always been ...and thats the way it will stay.....adapt
Mrs NR was not sure at first but after our preps saved the day on numerous occasions she saw the light, and also she absolutely adores the foody bit of prepping such as preserving, baking, bread making, medical skills etc, my spoilt brat is also getting more and more interested, I noted that just today he was downloading prepping apps for his I phone.
Aye, she's 100% on board.

Even thinks the naughty things I get dropping through the letter box are ok.
It was Mrs. Bucket's idea to go serious on it.

I was happy just having a couple of weeks supplies and a wind up radio.

She's the one designing a bunker.
Pages: 1 2