Survival UK Forums

Full Version: London power tunnels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
this could be interesting , if the nat grid are running tunnels everywhere under London etc I think it would be worth investigating as to their possible potential use as bug out routes. The guy injured in the story was actually INSIDE the tunnel system which suggests there could be a complete network of tunnels people can walk through.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-site.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-site.html
its a building "site"...does that mean their building NEW tunnels??
There is a network of tunnels under London conecting all the different government, military, royal buildings.
Someone in the 80's went down there and cycled round round them.
Quite will known story published in a few newspapers.
Since then they are locked up so you can't get in.[/code]
Most of the original tunnel systems such as GPO / BT, MOD, London Water Co, Thames water, LUL etc are well documented by the guys from Sub Brit and in books like Beneath the City Streets by Peter Laurie, but this looks like a new project, thats why its worth noting.
Many Londonabad preppers will prolly already be planning on using the amazing rabbit warren of sub ter passageways to get out of town when TSHTF
Check out urban exploration sites like 28days, might be some tunnels/bunker on your doorstep that you wernt aware of
(29 January 2013, 15:03)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Check out urban exploration sites like 28days, might be some tunnels/bunker on your doorstep that you wernt aware of

There is the Victoria in Newcastle and the culvert on the Ouseburn - been in there a few times and it is massive. Plenty of other culverts around although none of them as big. You could play football in Ouseburn were it not for the holes in the floor.

Here is a link to the national grid London tunnels site, has a picture of what they are building.

http://www.londonpowertunnels.co.uk/why-a-tunnel.asp

W/r to some of the tunnels under London, there are some massive MOD ones that are still in use connecting a lot of above ground things up.
Hard to acess the ousburn tunnel they sealed the door off under the bridge fir the stables so they can walk the horses, used to be able to walk to a door at lowtide but they flooded the river,

But you might be able to get in through jesmond dene
When did they do that, I was down there May last year, you just walk through the water for a couple of yards in the river then climb up onto the deck?

Might go for a look later on today.
Wow just read the blurb on the London power tunnel system, and noted the NG rail lines as well, I think the gummint is not being totally honest about this new extensive system cos it looks almost identical in make up to the old Royal Mail line under London and it turned out that it was to be used during a nuclear war to ferry VIPS around out of the reach of the peasantry Londoners on the surface.

In my mind securing the nat grid distribution system underground is a step towards proteting it from Islamic or Irish terrorist attacks, but it also drops into the mental image i have of the ruling elites steps towards living in gated secure communities, or iceberg homes, white flight, increased isolation of the state from the people etc. Looks like the ruling elite are creating a nice secure sub terr transit system for themselves safe from the hands of the plebs and prolls.
(30 January 2013, 11:14)BDG Wrote: [ -> ]When did they do that, I was down there May last year, you just walk through the water for a couple of yards in the river then climb up onto the deck?

Might go for a look later on today.

If you do pop down, let me know what results you come up with. If its accessible or not.

Cheers

Rob
Pages: 1 2