Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Using the Slingshot to Hunt Big Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Have not got a slingshot yet ...but i will be ordering one this week and some 36 cal balls to kick off with
I have one, but never thought of firing arrows from it,...and didnt think a lot of it for other ammo,.... but I will try the fitting of that ring and try the arrow sometime
I'm waiting until the summer to buy a few cheap ones from poundland to practice with.

After that, ill be looking to buy/build a decent quality one.

I already have an idea of building one out of stainless steel bar & ring bolts (not sure if thats the proper name, I mean the bolts with the loop on the end). Then buy some of the asda excercise bands for the elastic. Tie the bands through the loops & away I go. I hope Smile
have got a nice wooden(manufactured not just a forked stick) one i got at a car boot last year for 50p, junked the old elastics and fitted a DOUBLE power band, have ordered a cheap metal one with wrist support from China..if its any good will buy a few more for bartering purposes.
BP, would you really want to trade something which then gives the person the tool to injure you? What if they use it on you & take everything from you, including what they traded in 1st place.

Maybe better to just stock a few as spares for yourself. Just my thoughts.
(30 January 2013, 11:59)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]BP, would you really want to trade something which then gives the person the tool to injure you? What if they use it on you & take everything from you, including what they traded in 1st place.

Maybe better to just stock a few as spares for yourself. Just my thoughts.

i dint really mean trading with just anyone, i dont intend to trade ANYTHING with people i dont know or trust, so my original idea was this one from China is so cheap i would buy a few more as its cheaper than buying new power bands. just been watching the video in full, this trick with the arrow has given me a few ideas!Big Grin
(30 January 2013, 11:18)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Then buy some of the asda excercise bands for the elastic.

You can get specific bands for sling shots, I don't know if they are cheaper than the exercise bands, just something to look in to Smile

(30 January 2013, 11:59)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]BP, would you really want to trade something which then gives the person the tool to injure you? What if they use it on you & take everything from you, including what they traded in 1st place.

I think the people who try and turn on you after a trade would be few and far between.

Trade is important and has been for a very long time, especially when it comes to specialized items like ammo, weapons and skills. However if there is someone threatening you after or during a deal you can have your group with you or hidden in the surrounding area ready to pounce

Smile
The theraband elastic many people use for slingshots was designed for excercise as far as I'm aware.

The only time ill trade anything involving weapons is when they're coming my way Smile
Geordie get a blackwidow, there cheapish but deadly
Pages: 1 2