Survival UK Forums

Full Version: My Families CURRENT survival kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My Families CURRENT survival kit
Post 3 © NR 2013

I’m not calling this a BUG OUT KIT, or a GET HOME KIT, or a GET OUT OF DODGE KIT or an EVERY DAY CARRY KIT, it’s just a list of articles EACH member of my family will hopefully have in place by the end of Jan 2013

1 1 each Fixed blade Knife
2 1 each Folding Knife
3 1 each Multi Tool
4 1 each Compass (mils or degrees)
5 1 each Butane Lighter
6 Paracord and either duct tape or insulating tape, or amalgamating tape
7 1 each LED Flashlight plus spare batteries
8 1 each Blade Tech tungsten knife sharpeners
9 1 each Spork
10 1 each P45 Tin opener
11 1 each Hexy Cooker plus spare fuel blocks
12 1 each Barnett Banshee Quad 25 lb Draw Compound bow
13 12 x 30 inch steel tipped alloy arrows (Easton Black stalker or Easton Blue XX75)
14 Personal hygiene and wash kit
15 Personal First Aid kit
16 3 Days emergency rations each
17 1 each Modified PMR 446 Radio plus spare batteries (purchase delayed for now)
18 1: 50,000 or 1:25000 local map marked with routes, RV points and lay over locations
19 Ruck-sack or Cargo Bag
20 1 each Minus 18 rated spec Coleman mummy sleeping bag
21 Hat, Gloves, Shades, Bandana, BB Cap depending on choice and weather
22 Prescription Eye glasses
23 Walking boots or shoes
24 1 litre water bottle plus 16 puri-tabs
25 Hand trowel for latrine use
26 Assorted Zip-lock bags
27 Cellphone and or Wristwatch. (plus NiCad battery backup for Cellphone)
28 1 each Notebook and Sharpy pen
29 Changes of clothing / underwear
30 3x Nato spec white chemical light sticks

A lot of this stuff gets shifted about from EDC duty to BOB duty as required

Additional equipment is kept as either House, BOL , Vehicle or Group logistics such as large scale medical kit, 168 hours food supplies, camping toilet, fold chairs, tarps, heavy tools like shovels and hatchets , Air rifle, Laundry supplies, Camping cooker, fuel, tools, crockery and cutlery, radio recievers, Notebook PC ( wireless enabled), Out of area maps, extra clothing and footwear.
Id like ours to have similar but moneys tight so we have what we have and im quartermaster. The list is a good idea for newbies as well as people like us who may have most of the gear on the list or something similar, but may not have thought of something. So good for crib notes and confirming that were on thr right track.
yep i,m not far off at all. CB and WTs in BOV + food,fuel,tents,cookers,water,tools,...if it was just me and OH could last for 3 months....with more water
well that makes my one look crap ,may have to re think it .
DONT WORRY BB, YOU HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING AFTER SHTF.
EVEN WITH A FEW TINS AND IMPROVISED WEAPONS YOU'LL BE IN A BETTER POSITION THAN MOST SHEEPLE...
HAHA, cellphone. You're not American NR. It's a mobile phone.

Good kit though.

What does the weight come to for the bags?
(2 February 2013, 18:57)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]DONT WORRY BB, YOU HAVE WHAT YOU HAVE, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING AFTER SHTF.
EVEN WITH A FEW TINS AND IMPROVISED WEAPONS YOU'LL BE IN A BETTER POSITION THAN MOST SHEEPLE...

anything is better than nothing-which is what most sheeple will have Big Grin
puts what we have to shame Smile

how do people rate the Blade Tech tungsten knife sharpeners? I've seen a few people recommend them but I hear they take a lot of material off of a blade.
(3 February 2013, 12:49)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]puts what we have to shame Smile

how do people rate the Blade Tech tungsten knife sharpeners? I've seen a few people recommend them but I hear they take a lot of material off of a blade.

They are superb, and they only take off the amount of material you want em to, IE pul down hard and it cuts lots of metal, but a gentle draw just puts a killer edge on a blade, I've got about 4 of em laying around and they even sharpen my AK bayonet with ease.
Good list, its always worth reading through something like that,... I try to add as many wind up things as I can,... with that in mind would your torch be better as a wind up one?.

I also have other wind up kit, like a world band wind up radio
Pages: 1 2