Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Oh god here we go again, next pope means armageddon!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
God these nut jobs really should be euthanised

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2KljAUtsP

A wiki of nut job history

'THEY THINK IT'S ALL OVER...': SOME FAILED DOOMSDAY PREDICTIONS

While it is an accepted fact that our planet will one day be consumed by the Sun, modern science has calculated that that will not happened for several billion years.

But that hasn't stopped mankind repeatedly predicting that the world is about to end. In fact, doomsday prophecies have been made ever since we started using calendars, with flood, famine, incoming asteroids and nuclear wars among the favoured causes of annihilation.

Biblical scholars point out that in the Book of Matthew, Jesus himself implies that the world will end within the lifetime of his contemporaries, while a host of scholars made similar predictions in the first millennium.

The craze appears to have reached a peak in Europe in the Middle Ages. In 1500, Protestant reformer Martin Luther proclaimed that 'the kingdom of abominations shall be overthrown' within 300 years.

Others to get in on the act included Christopher Columbus (1656), mathematician John Napier (1688) and astrologer Sir Isaac Newton (1948).

More recently, the fad for making Doomsday predictions has become popular amongst Christian groups in the U.S. According to website Armageddononline, prophecy teacher Doug Clark announced in 1976 that President Jimmy Carter would be 'the president who will meet Mr. 666 - soon',

And about 50 members of a group called the Assembly of Yahweh gathered at Coney Island, New York, in white robes, awaiting their 'rapture' from a world about to be destroyed on May 25, 1981.

'A small crowd of onlookers watched and waited for something to happen. The members chanted prayers to the beat of bongo drums until sunset. The end did not come,' the website notes.

The year 2000 was also expected to usher in an apocalypse of sorts, with aeroplanes falling from the sky and computer systems crashing. The planet survived.

In the days leading up to September 9, 2009, fans of Armageddon insisted that the world would end - 9/9/9 being the emergency services phone number in the UK and also the number of the Devil - albeit upside down. Surprisingly there wasn't the same hyperbole on June 6, 2006.

But if the world does manage to get through today unscathed, believers won't have to wait too long before another popular Doomsday prediction date looms.

The Maya civilisation of South America was for several centuries one of the most advanced in the world. Along with their architectural achievements, the Mayans left us with calendars that, some argue, predicted the end of the world on December 21, 2012.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z2KmxWrDl7
I heard someone talking about this the other day,Just started laughing at themBig Grin
the end will come because there are too many mouths to feed and not enough food to go around, not because of what someone said 1000 years ago!
Talk about closed minds...

Yes, whilst it may seem far fetched, I do hope you at least bear it in mind however remote or ludicrous it may seem to you.

That is something we should all do whether we believe something may happen or whether we dont.

So what if we take it into account and up our alert level for a while, whats wrong with that?
Isnt that something we do as preppers, take thinks into account.

If the time passes and nothing happens the good, if not good we were ready for it.

That should read ... if nothing happens then good, if something does then good as well because we were prepared...
There does seem to be a lot of press saying 'the end is nigh' recently. Maybe the end really is nigh, but not from a media broadcast way. Maybe they know something?
What a load of Malachy,... or St Malachy in this case
The prophecy of St. Malachy isn't the end of the world, it just means the end of Rome as a city.

Which could be interpreted as anything really.
Mind you,...if they keep on coming up with these prophecies,..someone going to be right one day
I'm more worried about my sons last year at school and his exam results, how to motivate him without pushing him to hard, hopefully the summer camps will help him attain his best next year, so long as he is happy n healthy I dont really care but he wants a proper career so he unlike his dad is going to have to get an education.

i phrophecise that in 4.5 billion years the sun will become a red giant and swallow up the earth faster than the members of weightwatchers can drain a chocolate fountain.