Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Just Curious, you understand....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm also ex military so it's always been a state of mind but what really tipped it for me was during the fuel crisis I the early 00's.

I was amazed at just how easily our way of life goes down the pan at the mere thought of a shortage of some sort. It was after this incident that I started looking into Peak oil etc.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that we can't keep going the way we are. We have a growing population that we cannot sustain both with fuel and food and the way I see it, something's got to give but we're all so used to having everything we want when we want it that as soon as that chain is broken society collapses.

For example :-
Most of the things we eat have to be transported to us. Most of us have to use some form of transport to get to work etc. what I'm getting at is we all really on fossil fuel.

Now imagine prices keep rising so more and more people just cannot afford to buy fuel for there transport and cannot afford food because of the price hikes due to transport costs.

Along with this industry begins to shut down due to needing fuel to produce goods.
Nations who are fossil fuel rich will hold back on shipping it out also as they've got to look after there own population.

Once the average sheeple gets to the point that they can't afford to go to work, eat etc then tswhtf.

That's just one reason why I do this.
Got to say your right there Megatron, as a country we need to give ourselves a shake.

It is time the asylum seekers go home (if a mate falls out with his girl you might put him on the sofa for a few nights till things calm down, you don't empty your bedroom and give him the key to your house!). It's time we stopped taking in strays, were already well on our way to breaking point.

We need to seriously look at alternative energy sources (sadly for some that might mean a bit of exercise instead of relying on fossil fuels)

Try growing some of our own food instead of McDonald's

We need to relearn the skills of our ancestors.
Pages: 1 2 3