Survival UK Forums

Full Version: E MAIL sub groups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is any of the old school preppers survivalists on SUK part of any E mail groups of the old type that focus solely on hard core prepping and survivalism ?

Prepping, Homeschooling, off gridding, caches and stockiles, homesteading etc

The last of the old ones I subscribed to have finally faded away as the members moved on, give up on prepping or just lost interest etc.

We used to focus on sharing info and articles on solid hard core prepping, contacts, links, reviews, articles and tips none of the more recent NWO/ Aliens/NSA/UN/EU/ martians/ telly tibbies etc.

I wondered if there was any pure survialism / prepping groups left?
NR
I used to subscribe to survival weapons and techniques magazine years ago, so I know what you mean.
I even had a few articles published in it.

Still theres only so many times you can talk about lighting fires in the woods...

Its familiar to you the old ways, its only natural to hold on to them and not go for the scary new ways you old duffer...TongueTongueTongue

Only joking compadre.

Seriously though If you look at the age range of old style survivalists which I am proud to say I was/am.

the upper age would be interested in it about late 70's early 80's
me being early to mid 80's.

Now I'm 43 myself, so older survivalists such as yourself and b.p. must be 50+ ?

Older people such as us who remember the first survivalist stuff are a dying breed I'm afraid.

People dye off, lose interest or have a family and more pressing stuff emerges.

I myself lost interest about 90's when I found clubs, drinking and girls...

Then refound my survivalist thing a few years ago to find out we'd been renamed "preppers" with less emphasis on survivalism which I'm sure you'll agree is different than prepping.

I've personally moved on to integrate some of the more "outlandish" theories, not because I always believe in them but researching them and reading about them is quite interesting in itself, you know trying to corroborate the original story and such.

Like I say there's only so many times you can talk about "along the corridor and up the stairs"

Times move on as do the "members" of our clan, and I'm afraid its a bit like the thing where you don't have much in common with your parents...

doesn't mean we cant get on with each other, we just have to realize were all from different times, so to say and understand that we think about, value different things compared to how or what we did years ago.