Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Well I'll be damned !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isnt it amazing how you can live some place for years and not ully realise what facilities are available on your doorstep.
I was just doing a google search for stockists of Mk7 BSA Meteors in Co Durham when I happened upon a website that linked a gun shop with a gun and archery range.

I thought thats interesting and went to look at this range facility, it does archery, crossbow shooting, air rifle shooting and even run courses on combat and tactical pistol use for CP officers.

Not bad I thought , where is it I wondered, bugger me its only 4 miles from my house !!!!! and its been there since 2007.

I'll get it checked out in the next day or so and feed back to the forum, it looks handy cos you can join as a member or pay a daily fee to use the facilities.
NR
Blimey NR,... that's a stroke of luck for you,.. I wish I could find one within a hundred miles of me
Update, given up looking for air rifle for now, cannot afford the prices of the ones I like and just the the PMR radios I cant actually find one to suit my particular needs, air rifles still appear to be stuck in the 1980s technologically, Hey ho stick with the bows

Membership of this air gun / archery range is £65 a year and £3 a day for each visit ( £75 family membership which aint bad if you have three shooters like my family) or £5 a day for visitors. So it looks like at least I can get some archery practice in.

My Dream spec for a prepper air rifle is

Carbine length ( IE under 37 inches)
Break barrel spring not GRT
no more than 6.5 pounds in weight
Not over £200
Prolly synthetic stock.
Spares easily available
Now you can get that Horsebow NRBig Grin and get some praccy in
I wish there was a break action version of the lovely Ultra but under £200

(18 February 2013, 11:40)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Now you can get that Horsebow NRBig Grin and get some praccy in

Aye I'm off to Rutland next month and pass a few archery shops along the way, may stop overnight in the midlands to visit a few and as per usual I'm hoping to meet up with a few old prepper friends.

And by god I definately need some target practice.
(18 February 2013, 14:42)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]This is the bow I'm thinking about

http://www.cbarchery.co.uk/epages/620596...DA-48-0003

That is a nice traditional looking Korean Bow NR, it will be a fast and light Bow because of the Limb makeup and fastflight string, veeery pointable with little hand shock I reckon, as you can see from the picture they have long drawlengths due to the Korean style of drawing (thumbring). For the price you can't go wrong and you will love shooting Asian style bows, enjoy.