Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Radioactive material stolen in UK
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
You stocked up on NBC suits falcon?

What's more worrying than the fact it's been stolen is the fact it was left unattended parked up outside "an address". I'm taking it as this was a residential address.

The world is bloody bonkers.
Dunno if this google search will work but if it des just look at the number of articles about lost fissile material.
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sugexp=le...37&bih=492
(18 February 2013, 14:45)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]You stocked up on NBC suits falcon?

What's more worrying than the fact it's been stolen is the fact it was left unattended parked up outside "an address". I'm taking it as this was a residential address.

The world is bloody bonkers.

No not yet but i am going to make it a priority,I am on a budget tighter than a nuns you know whatBig Grin

would this do
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?...uct_id=457
I'm not an expert on this mate. Best an ex forces person responds. They are/were trained for this during Cold War era as far as I'm aware.
(18 February 2013, 15:00)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]would this do
http://www.militarymart.co.uk/index.php?...uct_id=457

OK Lesson 101 on NBC kit

If you are buying noddy suits if they do not come inside TWO vacuum packed sealed plastic bags you dont want them, the activated charcoal protective coating starts soaking up atmospheric toxins and crap as soon as the bags are open. Further you will need NBC gloves which consist of an outer rubbber / neoprene type glove and a white cotton inner glove ( if worn for more than 3 hours a time you risk horrrible hand cramps) You also need rubber NBC over boots to protect your feet. You will then need a fult face respirator that accepts modern 40 mm thread NBC filters, these also must be in unopened sealed containers. Ideally you will also need puffer bottles of fullers earh to soak up and B contaminents if the attack is B or C not N. I dont think you can get atropine injector pens in civvie street.

The problem wth DIY noddy suits is they invariably are made from water proof clothing like pvc or coated nylon and if you fasten yourself up in such kit you will become ill after about three hours as your boy cannot control itself by sweating, you basically actually start to steam cook yourself.

Now here is the important bit, NBC suits only keep ALPHA particles out cos Alpha particles cannot pass through even thin cloth, BUT Alpha particles inhaled will kill you. Beta and Gama go straight through NBC suits and equally will kill you even quicker if you inhale the irradiated particles or injest irradiated foodstuffs.

So for dirty bombs you best bet is a good particle respirator and a set of cheapo waterproofs which you will discard as soon as you get out the danger area AFTER you have hosed yourself down so then when you derobe from your kit you dont inhale and distrurbed particles that settled on your suit.

Noddy suits are really there to protect you from Bactierial and Chemical munitions and toxins, and Alpha radiation particles, you need 12 inches of lead or 5 ft of compacted earth of miles of distance between you and Beta and Gamma particles.

Sorry for the numerous typos.
what gets me is why was this stuff bloody well looked after !!!
(18 February 2013, 21:03)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]what gets me is why was this stuff bloody well looked after !!!
order out of chaos m8......all done on purpose. u know why u cant nick atomic war heads? coz they dont want you to nick atomic war heads lol but they do want that rad tube nicked, must of been well easy bit of work.
Dirty bomb.. You set that off on top of a London tower block and it's game over for anyone's who's in the wind direction.I'm not to sure muslims will use it because they're beating us by sucking the economy dry and over populating our beautiful island,anyway Bet it's worth a few bob.
(18 February 2013, 23:02)HideandSeek Wrote: [ -> ]Dirty bomb.. You set that off on top of a London tower block and it's game over for anyone's who's in the wind direction.I'm not to sure muslims will use it because they're beating us by sucking the economy dry and over populating our beautiful island,anyway Bet it's worth a few bob.

this is what worrys me!!!
Could be on the way to the u.s. Its ripe for one, whispers are that particular false flags due.
Pages: 1 2 3