Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Food attitudes ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone else picked up on the various government and governmental agencies constant never ending drive to get us to eat less and less meats, fatty foods or foods that take a lot of energy to produce??

Set aside the obesity problem affecting some parts of society, look at the overall drive to make us eat more fruit veg and sea food stuff.

I am starting to think the food system is nearing breaking point with to many mouths and good food to difficult to produce so they are trying to manipulate us to change to a peasants diet of mainly veg, legumes, seeds, grasses, fruit, cheese, small amounts of meat and fish etc.
im starting to think that a peasants diet would be healthier full stop so they can put us on it if they want
That is a very valuable and important point dear Lady but i still like the occasional slice of dead cow.... or is it horse............I need a drink.
.... but the idea of a breakdown of food supply doesn't go well with the (possible) allowing of immigrants into the country,... unless of course [ as usual ] the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing.

Even the powers that be would soon suffer if these two clashed
(18 February 2013, 20:07)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ].... but the idea of a breakdown of food supply doesn't go well with the (possible) allowing of immigrants into the country,... unless of course [ as usual ] the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing.

No, sorry my normally wise friend, any government that wishes to extend its influence and control over an ever more subservient population would far rather have 100 million desperate , impoverished scared sheeple who will do anything for a few pounds of brown rice, rather than try to manipulate 50 milion well fed, mobile, free thinking people who can defy the state.

Be they marxist or capitalist both seek control via manipulating desperate masses, both live in fear of well fed, well armed, mobile, and communicative people.

This govt like all such bodies seeks ever more control over an ever more compliant population. Whilst we despise sheeple government love them.
(18 February 2013, 20:17)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(18 February 2013, 20:07)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ].... but the idea of a breakdown of food supply doesn't go well with the (possible) allowing of immigrants into the country,... unless of course [ as usual ] the left hand doesnt know what the right is doing.

No, sorry my normally wise friend, any government that wishes to extend its influence and control over an ever more subservient population would far rather have 100 million desperate , impoverished scared sheeple who will do anything for a few pounds of brown rice, rather than try to manipulate 50 milion well fed, mobile, free thinking people who can defy the state.

Be they marxist or capitalist both seek control via manipulating desperate masses, both live in fear of well fed, well armed, mobile, and communicative people.

This govt like all such bodies seeks ever more control over an ever more compliant population. Whilst we despise sheeple government love them.
i've been trying this year to curb what i buy and put on my familys table, i want to only have fresh and non fucked with food. man the gov got it sown up like a dead sailor in a hammock. even morrisons in store baked bread has bloody flour enhancers in it. i wonder how free our minds would be if we ate freely?
You know what, all these problems with food are basically caused by our obsession with cheap food. We've had it too easy for too long, and basically it's going to come back to bite us. It's ridiculous to expect top quality stuff for no money. The big supermarkets hold all the producers to ransom, and it is just an incentive to cheat. We need to start paying decent prices for decent food. Better still, get producing our own!

I just feel very sorry for those families who haven't got any choices.
As AL pointed out if we are going to survive and thrive we need to be growing our own grub and keeping animals in part at least.

(18 February 2013, 20:37)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]You know what, all these problems with food are basically caused by our obsession with cheap food. We've had it too easy for too long, and basically it's going to come back to bite us. It's ridiculous to expect top quality stuff for no money. The big supermarkets hold all the producers to ransom, and it is just an incentive to cheat. We need to start paying decent prices for decent food. Better still, get producing our own!

I just feel very sorry for those families who haven't got any choices.

Also as BP points out we have 63 million people living on an island that can sustain about 20 million.
so if for what ever reason trade stops with britain, 43 million people will turn on the 20 million people. i think uk would threaten all out war. would it be as strong as in the past? would any other country step in as the major power of the world falls?
(18 February 2013, 21:51)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Also as BP points out we have 63 million people living on an island that can sustain about 20 million.

i have the graph in my files, it actually just over 16million.
Pages: 1 2