Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Sudden Immediate Solar Flare alert
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/a...lares.html

Yes I know we have recently discussed EMP, CME and flares in great depth but this bugger has just popped up in 48 hours and caught people off guard.
I have been watching this on SolarHam.com,... it is called sunspot 1678, it appears that the levels are quiet low risk at the moment,.. they do think that it will produce some `C` class flares and possibly an isolated `M` class flare,.. by they dont think it will come to much, and it will rotate out of the reach of earth completely by the weekend
(21 February 2013, 22:03)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I have been watching this on SolarHam.com,... it is called sunspot 1678, it appears that the levels are quiet low risk at the moment,.. they do think that it will produce some `C` class flares and possibly an isolated `M` class flare,.. by they dont think it will come to much, and it will rotate out of the reach of earth completely by the weekend

just added the solarham .com to my list cheers very much pal
My brothers pc got damaged by a solar flair when he lived in edinbutgh, that was the first time I had ever heard of solar flares/storms about 11years ago. They run the risk if making our lives crap, thanks for the heads up
(21 February 2013, 22:12)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 February 2013, 22:03)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I have been watching this on SolarHam.com,... it is called sunspot 1678, it appears that the levels are quiet low risk at the moment,.. they do think that it will produce some `C` class flares and possibly an isolated `M` class flare,.. by they dont think it will come to much, and it will rotate out of the reach of earth completely by the weekend

If you use `Facebook` then you can `like` it and daily reports are sent to you
(21 February 2013, 22:21)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 February 2013, 22:12)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]

If you use `Facebook` then you can `like` it and daily reports are sent to you

yeah read that but dont have facebook.
(21 February 2013, 22:23)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]yeah read that but dont have facebook.

good man!
The sun's 11-year solar activity cycle will peak in 2013, it's called the solar maximum, I done this in physics when doing some engineering rubbish in collage. Apparently this year isn't very powerful and they normally call it a dud.
(21 February 2013, 23:30)HideandSeek Wrote: [ -> ]The sun's 11-year solar activity cycle will peak in 2013, it's called the solar maximum, I done this in physics when doing some engineering rubbish in collage. Apparently this year isn't very powerful and they normally call it a dud.

I am not that educated,.. but I can't believe in these solar activity cycles,..I mean what is there about the sun that could possibly regulate it in that way?
(21 February 2013, 23:43)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 February 2013, 23:30)HideandSeek Wrote: [ -> ]The sun's 11-year solar activity cycle will peak in 2013, it's called the solar maximum, I done this in physics when doing some engineering rubbish in collage. Apparently this year isn't very powerful and they normally call it a dud.

I am not that educated,.. but I can't believe in these solar activity cycles,..I mean what is there about the sun that could possibly regulate it in that way?

It's called a solar cycle, which includes of changes in the amount of radiation(solar) it basically spits out, it keep's the solar irradiance moderated in a sense which is electromagnetic radiation given off by the sun.During the solar maximum you get you get much more solar flares, but luckily enough we have a fairly healthy magnetic shield, if you like, which takes the biggest induction of radiation and what does get through heats the particles in the atmosphere and causes hot plasma which to us is Aurora Borealis (northern lights).

Hope this helps mate..
Pages: 1 2