Survival UK Forums

Full Version: UK loses credit rating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Down to AA1 what a blow for the government

http://news.sky.com/story/1055827/britai...downgraded
I don't know whether the UK has become less credit worthy, or whether the ratings companies have finally come up to date with what's going on.

I think, the latter.
i dont think it will make any difference, especially to govt policy.
I don't think this will impact the average person, but I could be wrong!
The main impact would be to increase the cost of Government borrowing, which would increase the debt burden of this country. No immediate impact on the normal person in the street, but longer term the Government might have to put into place further austerity measures to try and reduce the ever-climbing debt.
(23 February 2013, 15:07)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]the Government might have to try and reduce the ever-climbing debt.

well they could always start by reducing their substancial salaries, but i wont hold my breath Big Grin
(23 February 2013, 15:12)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 February 2013, 15:07)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]the Government might have to try and reduce the ever-climbing debt.

well they could always start by reducing their substancial salaries, but i wont hold my breath Big Grin

Fat chance of that!
(23 February 2013, 15:25)MaryN Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 February 2013, 15:12)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Fat chance of that!
no cant see it happening.
Did you know that out of the 30 members of the government 28 of them are millionaires?
(23 February 2013, 20:50)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Did you know that out of the 30 members of the government 28 of them are millionaires?

Now why doesn't that surprise me!
Pages: 1 2