Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Gnashers Gegs and Trumpets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is a quick point, do you wear Spectacles, Contact lenses, False Teeth, Hearing aids , Prosthetics etc ? If so do you have spares available if you break or lose your aides?

Last night I was leaning over the banister talking to a visiting prepper downstairs as I was getting him and his wife a DPM smock and rucksack each from some I had blagged and set aside, they were such nice folks I even managed to fit em up with some part used combat boots i had spare. Anyhoo I was trying to explain the need for them to develop a back up comms system whilst rummaging for other bits of kit I could give em and as I leaned over the banister my specs fell off and landed on the floor, bugger both lenses badly scratched. Anyhoo luckily for me I kept my old pair so I dug them out and carried on regardless. But i thought it a good point enough to post aquick reminder today that if you used false gnashers, specs etc to make sure you have spares available because after TSHTF it could be years before you can get em replaced if at all.
What are Gegs?
i keep ALL my old specs and have for years, probably got about 5 pairs stashed away.
Specs are cheap enough to buy for emergencies. I have a few of varying strengths for use and barter.

Not thought about hearing aids or false teeth though. Need to think about that,
I've got my old pair of specs as back up but will be getting a second new pair when funds allow as my prescription has changed

for the back up pair I'll look for something cheaper as they will only be a back up and not for everyday use
(5 March 2013, 11:32)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]What are Gegs?

yeah what are gegs
(5 March 2013, 12:10)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(5 March 2013, 11:32)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]What are Gegs?

yeah what are gegs

ditto!!Big Grin
Gegs = Specs in northern slang.
i try and keep all old pairs of `Gegs` and bought a few pairs from quid place to chuck in a sack.
that reminds me its been a few yrs since ive had them checked !!
Dodgy
I don't wear glasses yet but probably will have to in the future, and H wears them now so something to look into, thanks for the idea
Pages: 1 2