Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Nukemap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
wasnt really sure where to put this .... but here it is !

http://www.nuclearsecrecy.com/nukemap/
Interesting map,.. I put in every target that I thought might be a possibility around me, and thankfully they all miss us,... but the map doesn't take into account the wind, although the wind is usualy west to east, so we should still be ok
Cryingfreeman had an excellent map he had done,not sure if its still on here
(5 March 2013, 23:23)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Cryingfreeman had an excellent map he had done,not sure if its still on here

yes, thats right, i thought this had already been done.i think i've got the map in my files.
I removed it because it's going in a book that I've been working on for months, provisionally entitled "Surviving a 21st Century Nuclear War in the UK". The book will have a large overview map with lots of more detailed localised maps, not just for the strategic primary and secondary targets in the UK, but for the relocation section of the book (which will also cover the best retreat areas in Europe as well). It's turning into a bit of a marathon getting all the materials collated, all the research done, and of course, writing the text to the appropriate standard, so it's been slower than hoped but I just plug away at it as and when I can.
Best of luck with it.
good luck with the book sounds interesting
Thanks! I'm hoping it will be the kind of book I would buy myself. I've written before, but it was corporate gift materials for Carnoustie, St Andrews, i.e., Scottish golf resorts and the end-product was bought by Royal Bank of Scotland, although that's hardly a ringing endorsement given how incompetent they've been. Anyway, don't let that put anyone off, I think it's shaping up nicely.
[quote='cryingfreeman' pid='48728' dateline='1362596771']
Thanks! I'm hoping it will be the kind of book I would buy myself. I've written before, but it was corporate gift materials for Carnoustie, St Andrews, i.e., Scottish golf resorts and the end-product was bought by Royal Bank of Scotland, although that's hardly a ringing endorsement given how incompetent they've been. Anyway, don't let that put anyone off, I think it's shaping up nicely.
Wishing you every success!!!