Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Working for convenience..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
gd'evening fellas, has anyone ever changed occupation for safety reasons or to be closer to home just in case the SHTF?, have you ever thought about changing jobs so you could gain further skills in an area which would always be in use if society broke.

I changed my job to be closer to home and to gain further skills in an area which I love and I believe will greatly increase the chances of my ''clan'' surviving post the ''brake''.
my other half is currently looking for a job closer to home solely for the fact that if there are any problems she can get to the little one

It may take me a day or more for me to walk home from work say if an EMP hits ....... would be quicker but there's a bloody river in the way and I'd have to move further up stream to a quieter place to get across
I'm going to be a full time stay at home dad (and spread better) come April. Can't get much closer to home than that! Big Grin
At the minute im looking for a full time job, just working the doors at the minute, would be a bit pocket money if I had more work. As for skills ill,take whatevers available working on boats, demolition, hod carrying ect, done various jobs lol
pretty much stay close to home most of the time, the furthest we go in the wintertime is 25 miles away, in the good weather may go 100 miles to events and markets but stick mainly to back roads..not much traffic..stay off motorways...mainly Devon and Somerset.
I work from home and the OH works 5 miles from home.
i live 90 sec drive from work,

also 100m3 of water storage and lots and lots of food at my place of work, i wouldnt need to go anywhere for a while!
as i am self employed i can pick and choose where i work although i would like it to be within 10 miles of where i live it is not always possible due to the nature of work i do.
Therefore if i have far to travel ie 50 miles each way i refill my tanks every day on way home so i have at least 90% full tank and my trusty kit bag and BOB as well
Luckily ive never worked that far away from home (10m or so) but I have turned work away as I didn’t fancy working abroad, from the gulf Dodgy to as close as spainDodgy
when i first read the title of this thread i thought it was about working in your local Toilets!Tongue
Pages: 1 2