Survival UK Forums

Full Version: UK gas reserves will run dry in 36 hours.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bring it on...the powers that be are as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike
Another big shock. Gas suppliers are like us, they only hold so much on tap and if there is a sudden rush they get caught with their pants down. Doesn't look like they watch the weather reports either.
(22 March 2013, 12:56)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Another big shock. Gas suppliers are like us, they only hold so much on tap and if there is a sudden rush they get caught with their pants down. Doesn't look like they watch the weather reports either.

All is well still. As long as those deliveries keep on coming...

Wonder if I can jimmy something up to refil my empty gas bottles from the kitchen hob Wink Big Grin
(22 March 2013, 13:23)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Wonder if I can jimmy something up to refil my empty gas bottles from the kitchen hob Wink Big Grin

Not the hob directly, but if you shut off the gas, you can insert another small tap onto the piping to the hob. But I think that would be illegal, and so I am not recommending it, even though it would be possible. You might need a compressor as well though, to get maximum gas input to a canister.

If the gas runs out......I'd not realise. Our home doesn't have mains gas attached. I love it. We're getting a new sofa today, so the old one has become.....FIREWOOD!!! Was going to offer it up here, but you'd have about 1 hour to come and collect it before we had to chuck it outside. It's in the shed half made into firewood already. Gas shortage....as SS said
(22 March 2013, 12:37)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Bring it on
very few properties in rural areas are on mains gas, thats why we have retards nicking the heating oil in places like this.
makes you wonder why we dont have a strategic reserve of gas like france and germany where they have on average 100 days ofgas and POL in reserves

oh thats right it costs money to build these things and the nimbys will object to it
(22 March 2013, 19:12)Millwall_Dave Wrote: [ -> ]makes you wonder why we dont have a strategic reserve of gas like france and germany where they have on average 100 days ofgas and POL in reserves

oh thats right it costs money to build these things and the nimbys will object to it

you got it, normally the UK only keeps about 13 days worth of gas in reserve, looks like this time they were caught with their pants down, nothing new there then.
nothing more than a convenient distraction, and a price increase.

im more worried about the end to a free press. and the fact theyre considering extending it to internet publications.

if any other country did it our gov. would be first to accuse them of oppression.
Pages: 1 2