Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protect Yourself
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
It seems to me that much of the talk about protecting yourself centres around sthe ownership of weapons, be they guns, crossbows, knives or whatever. Although my OH is ex services and has "done that" "been there" etc. etc., as a mere female (!) I need to find something that works for me in difficult situations. Under normal day-to-day situations it is obviously illegal to carry weapons, and I do support this legal requirement. However, there have been and no doubt will be times when I need something to, at the very least, show I am not to be "tampered" with. Well, chaps, I've found it. Ever had a threatening wasp nest in your garden? It seems to me that a nice wasp-killing spray would be a very good option. Nice long reach, horrible smell and perfect for bumping off wasps. Unless of course anyone has any better suggestions?
Everyday items like a pen or a rolled up news paper can be lethal. Best defence is try not get yourself in a bad situation, although sometimes it carnt be helped some people go out there way looking for trouble
i've tried to teach my daughter the SING method. check it out. may seem silly, i saw it in a movie, but all of these moves are good. surprise will be on your side if you play like a freaked out victim until your ready to strike. the idea is strike hard and run like hell, dont try to beat a man down.

guys may like the video too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WNz06IL9wg
theres still nothing illegal about a good old hairpin I believe.
Have you folk stopped carrying unbrellas?

Car or house keys?

Rolled coins?

Ink pens?

Belts?

Hair brushes or combs with spikey ends?

My Mom's purse was a deadly weapon in it's own right. Heavy leather, heavy straps and half the house inside! One might find a hidden seam in it for storage of the hatpin you mentioned.

Main thing is state of mind.

Don't be timid, get mad, stay mad and don't stop until someone is dead, you or them!

And make sure you have DNA under your nails if you go down. At least they can find and prosecute the A-hole.

And for that you will need nails.
I think that the wasp spray is a very good idea Mary, I am sure that there is probably a few sprays that would do the job, but might not have the reach,... and I bets its going to stink like hell...Smile
Am checking out that wasp spray today!

Thanks for that idea, Mary.
How about bear spray? Its expensive tho
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frontiersman-Bea...B0047QHAL0
Mary, i remember a few years ago, some cretins were using car battery acid in a spray bottle to assit them with thier day to day muggings.

it worked really well but did some permanent damage to some unfortunate souls!

car battery acid in a spray bottle, use it ON muggers/looters for ultimate payback!

(for the geeks out there car battery acid is sulphuric acid, H2SO4 Wink )
Unfortunately anything you spray at someone (even in self defence) become an offensive weapon, so you're in trouble. But enough of the bullshit, you're all adults. Don't get caught!

Wasp spray is good, but that oven cleaning foam is even better. Read the instructions, you're supposed to wear goggles, gloves AND a face mask if you're using it. It's got some truly horrible chemicals in it, and would render the "victim" blind (possibly permanently) and give them some quite nasty burns.

I'm always cleaning my oven, normally at night. Just in case Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4