Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Perfect Perpper Gun
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Came across this,Wish we had good gun laws
http://www.guns.com/review/2013/04/10/ge...epper-gun/
I tried it out already!

The new Savage has turned out a disappointment.

Bad sights,
Bad trigger
Bad accuracy from the rifle barrel
Bad patterning from the shotgun tube

Extremely bad price!

It does not live up to the measure set by it's ancestor and is far from the "perfect prepper gun".
Pity.

It's not the sexiest gun though, so I'm not too bothered.

Much more into the military style of gun though.
I don't think there is a single 'perfect' gun. This may be best for the US, I don't know, I just think everyone has different requirents. In my view in the UK a 12G shotgun is a lot more useful and the best bit is you can have one legally. A bonus.
I know BP mentioned them a while back & ill be looking into them in the summer. For UK preppers, look at catapults. Yeah they aren't as "sexy" as guns, but can be deadly. Want a shotgun version? Go for the fishing type with a cup ammo holder filled with a dozen or so bb's. I wouldn't want to be looking at a catapult pulled back & aimed at me.
(12 April 2013, 11:37)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]I know BP mentioned them a while back & ill be looking into them in the summer. For UK preppers, look at catapults. Yeah they aren't as "sexy" as guns, but can be deadly. Want a shotgun version? Go for the fishing type with a cup ammo holder filled with a dozen or so bb's. I wouldn't want to be looking at a catapult pulled back & aimed at me.

you could also look at slingbows, same as a catapult but is adapted to fire arrows, i have several and can fire 26inch arrows with it.
Well said Paul. Just as deadly as a single fire type gun in my eyes.

Happy birthday btw Smile
(12 April 2013, 11:42)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Well said Paul. Just as deadly as a single fire type gun in my eyes.

Happy birthday btw Smile

thanks mate.Big Grin
Sorry falcon, gone off topic with catapults. Would still much rather have a gun if they were easily accessible to us (without all the registration & police inspections).
I was wondering, with this being .22 and shotgun. If you had the right FAC could we potentially have these in the UK? Smile