Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The Final Frontier
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
all depends on who else is is left to look after

if my OH died my focus would be my daughter and that would be enough to keep me running as normally as could be

My old man once asked me to look after my mum and sister if anything happened to him as they were both a mess when my granmother died and that what I did when he passed away. He basically instilled the "stiff upper lip" in me and whilst there are other people to look out for then that would how I remain.

No idea what I'd be like if there was no others around but focusing on day to day life post SHTF would possible keep me busy for a while
(15 April 2013, 19:28)I-K-E Wrote: [ -> ]all depends on who else is is left to look after

focusing on day to day life post SHTF would possible keep me busy for a while

exactly.
This is such a hard question.

If my husband died I'd probably fall to bits, but I hope I'd go on anyway.

What I would certainly do is write a letter with his name and details and something about the kind of person he was, and put it in a tin with the body when I buried him. Even if the old society never comes back, there'll be another some day, and bodies have a habit of being found - like those in the London Plague Pit recently. I'd like whoever found him to know who he was, that he mattered, and that somebody loved him.

Then I'd probably polish off one of those Highland Single Malts I've got stashed away for future bartering. I doubt much else would help.
(15 April 2013, 17:26)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]It does not matter the state of society, you do not know how you would react.

True, the state of society will not necessarily be a factor on how you feel or react. However it would make big difference on how things would need to be handled.
(16 April 2013, 19:02)Tonka Wrote: [ -> ]True, the state of society will not necessarily be a factor on how you feel or react. However it would make big difference on how things would need to be handled.

thank you, that was my point too.
Pages: 1 2 3 4