Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A bit about me for your info
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello chaps and chappettes.
My name is Jack and thought I'd say hello and introduce myself.

Keeping things on topic I won't mention hobbies and such that aren't relevant, this is after all a serious subject.

Iv been mentally preparing myself for one disaster or another since the early age of 13, now just as many years later at 26 I still can't say I am prepared, but that in itself is the right attitude to have.
I joined the army (infantry) at 17, picked up an injury a few years later making me unfit for active service but remained in the mod as a consultant, specifically in urban survival techniques and strategies.
After a marriage and a child I left my cushty though turbulent job for a life in steady civi street in transport (rail) which was a real eye opener to how fragile a lot of this country's infrastructure is...
I'm an active marksman, I shoot targets for practice and rabbit-muntjac-and other small game for enjoyment and food plus their skins (though still have a lot to learn about tanning effectively). I use a non FAC rifle and have no interest in acquiring a certificate, the reason being they will be more than useless in a survival or world changing event.

Feel free to ask anything on any of my future posts, I like to help and will give my two cents on most subjects.

Looking forward to trawling through the forum,
Jack
hi Jack and welcome onboard

sound like you have some use experience to pass on
Welcome to the forum Jack,.. from the Scottish Highlands,.. you sound like an interesting guy who can contribute a lot of knowledge
welcome to the forum mate, enjoy your time here Smile
Hello jack and welcome from south wales
Hello and Welcome
Cheers for the welcome guys. I'm very happy to be here!
Hello Jack

I think you'll find a lot of mixed views on the FAC issue here.

What area are you from?

Tonka
Hello Tonka,

I'm sure I will! And I'm sure my views on it are in the minority camp but have done extensive research into this issue where my opinion comes from. I actually wouldn't mind an 22LR to take care of the foxes on one of my permissions but I was coming from a purely survival viewpoint earlier Wink

I'm n the southwest (wilts).

Jack
Welcome to the forum
Pages: 1 2 3