Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thoughts on homegrown militia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well I asked the question as its something I am familiar with BP.

That comment about women in charge was only half in jest Mort, I in fact would welcome a matriarchal system... That old adage "behind every great man is a great woman"... Who do you think pulls the strings!
(19 April 2013, 17:52)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]Well I asked the question as its something I am familiar with BP.

That comment about women in charge was only half in jest Mort, I in fact would welcome a matriarchal system... That old adage "behind every great man is a great woman"... Who do you think pulls the strings!

you should have met my grandmother! everyone knew who was in charge in that house!!Big GrinBig Grin
post SHTF anyone who thinks for any reason that they SHOULD be leader of this or that, they are the ones i am going to keep a long way away from! just cos someone had this or that job before SHTF is no reason why they should be put in charge post SHTF, any RIGHTS or TRUST will have to be earned, not blatantly given away. as i have said before i do NOT trust anyone i havent worked with, spent time with, before shtf, chances are most groups will be made up of strangers we never knew before shtf, so either dont join one of these groups(which is my plan) or at least sleep with one eye open at all times!
People that take on leaderships roles, and manage to keep them, may not have even asked for the job... But to say that anyone that believes they 'should' lead are the ones to avoid I'd disagree... Great leaders know that they are meant to lead, and seek out to do so... If they didn't we would not have leaders in this world. Great presidents, charity organisers, military leaders and so on all aim at the highest possible point in their chosen fields to lead, wether the motivation to be so is money, power or a name in history, all have to work at getting to that position.
The people that claim leadership with no right will quickly be found out to be frauds and loose any status they may have generated being replaced by someone that naturally fits.

Post event it's good advice to anyone to proceed with caution when entering into the unfamiliar... But all situations should be assessed on their own merit and none dismissed out of hand.
there is a prepper saying " if you dont know them, havent worked with them, havent spent time with them-then DONT trust them !" its a saying i live by and more so after TSHTF.

"Great leaders know they are meant to lead", thats EXACTLY the type of meglomania thinking i will actively avoid-talk about delusions of grandour!
A women led society would be a stagnant no risk society that would be hell on earth for anyone with an indepenent mind. We would have zero defensive capabilities and everything would be touchy feely.
maybe being led by a strong woman like Maggie Thatcher or my grandmother wouldnt necessarily be a bad thing, but if it was someone like some of the pathetic silly little girlies that i keep seeing around with their stupid little squeeky voices it would indeed be hell on earth, and i would definitely become a hermit!!Big Grin
(21 April 2013, 16:44)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]A women led society would be a stagnant no risk society that would be hell on earth for anyone with an indepenent mind. We would have zero defensive capabilities and everything would be touchy feely.

Big Grin I'd say that was spoken like a true divorcee? Ahah!

Ahh I think BP this is another point we'd have to agree to disagree on, I wouldn't want my butcher, though I trust and respect the man, to lead any type of militia (staying on topic)without experience of leading men, years of tactical knowledge and the drive to do be such a man. In certain situations/positions/circumstance the decision and preparation a person makes to become such isn't a precursor to a deluded man reaching to far but an aspiring leader (that's not to say a good one).

If the likes of Katie Price where up for PM I'd be making the same preps as you BP Wink
(21 April 2013, 17:05)Jack Wrote: [ -> ]If the likes of Katie Price where up for PM I'd be making the same preps as you BP Wink

or that Kardasian lot, mind you Carol Vorderman would definitely get my vote!Big Grin
Your "vote"... Is that what people are calling it these days
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7