Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ultimate BOV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I came across this,This company is serious
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/video--new-flyi....html?vp=1
I think the technology is there for some form of flying car but I'm not sure i would want to be up in the air if half the population decided to buy one. Have you seen the state of English roads? I nearly crash at least once a day due to incompetent drivers. Add a scenario in which there is panic and the skies would be a death trap. I personally think that the safest/quickest mode of transport is by foot/cycle.
looks like some of the flying cars I used to see in the Popular Mechanics magazines of the 1950s.

According to them automobiles would have been totally replaced by helicopters and these multipurpose contraptions by the 1990s.

The only thing a plane will do for the average driver is give then a new dimension in which to crash.

Safest by foot/cycle? What about blisters getting infected and cycling related head injuries?

I vote we wrap ourselves in bubble wrap and stay home!

it's a jungle out there
disorder and confusion everywhere
no one seems to care
but I do
Hey! who's in charge here?
Think of the `boy racers` in those things.....
A blister can be prevented, getting hit from a moronic driver cannot. Plus, as experienced in American disasters the roads would be gridlocked and so you wouldn't get anywhere.