Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Virus and You
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why is it that every site list included something like ` 8 packs of 12 toilet rolls`,..Smile the shear volume of space needed for just those alone takes up much of one car,... yet one pack of baby wipes has more in one pack than almost all the toilet rolls put together
(25 May 2013, 11:19)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that every site list included something like ` 8 packs of 12 toilet rolls`,..Smile the shear volume of space needed for just those alone takes up much of one car,... yet one pack of baby wipes has more in one pack than almost all the toilet rolls put together

have found by experience that packs of wipes DRY out in a car.

if we had warning of an outbreak, I don't think we would CHANCE going and getting more supplies first, I mean that's why we have supplies in stock anyway isn't it? so we don't have to put ourselves at risk. .whether its from others who are carrying the disease(unknown to us) or from crazy desperate VIOLENT people grabbing what they can carry, nope, we're going into IMMEDIATE lockdown, " personal quarantine" until its all over, either the disease runs its course or everyone else is dead.
i've tried for years to prevent catching stuff....I don't shake hands and always wear gloves when out and clean them when I get home...I wipe down all deliveries with anti bac spray and baby wipes, and all the family wash hands and change clothes when we get in but still occasionally we get sick....it's almost impossible to avoid....I know it sounds like a lot of fuss, but I truly hate getting ill and snotty more than pretty much anything else in the world.
You can also be too careful though, too much avoidance of germs damages your immune system and you will be in more danger of catching any major disease going
I think getting "snotty" is the least of it, there's TB which is rife in parts of London, then there's all the Coronovirus's and the flesh eating bugs, the last thing i'd be worried about is a runny nose. mind you there are less bugs on my hands and clothes than there are on your average public toilet door handle or water tap!
Why so many toilet rolls? It's a woman thing darling. You really wouldn't understand.
We eat them
(25 May 2013, 11:50)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]Why so many toilet rolls? It's a woman thing darling. You really wouldn't understand.
We eat them

yes, we had noticed, my wife complains cos I keep picking up 10packs of toilet rolls but I notice she's the one using the most paper!Angel
(25 May 2013, 11:19)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Why is it that every site list included something like ` 8 packs of 12 toilet rolls`,..Smile the shear volume of space needed for just those alone takes up much of one car,... yet one pack of baby wipes has more in one pack than almost all the toilet rolls put together

What else are you going to wipe the 'S' up with after it "HTF"?Smile
(25 May 2013, 15:43)Tarrel Wrote: [ -> ]What else are you going to wipe the 'S' up with after it "HTF"?Smile

wont have to! i'll leave that to the slugs and the dung beetles!!Big Grin
its all "bio-degradeable" anyway, leave it alone and it'll rot down all by itself, or put it in your composter and in a year or two you'll have healthy compost for your garden. old gardeners knew this, its only the modern generation who have this compunction to flush it all away-" out of sight-out of mind!"Sleepy
Pages: 1 2 3