Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Need advice on the best weapons.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Personally, I'd rather run than fight. Fighting is the last bastion when all other options are exhausted.

With that in mind, I'd not bother fighting with air weapons, and I'm not a fan of someone being too close to me (knife range). If you have a knife and there is a brick launched at your head, and you don't have time to move......issue. Same with most things and a petrol bomb. If that's coming at you, and you aint got time to move....problem!

I'd opt for a fire arm certificate, and a shotgun license. Those would be 100 times more effective. If you want, you have a crossbow, and I'll have an AR15, Remington 700, or something similar, and we'll see whose feeling more confident with their weapon of choice. Get where I'm coming from?

If you can't get away from it, then go into it armed as best you can!
personally i'm not expecting to use ANY of my weapons in a firefight post shtf, I'll be keeping a low profile and not getting into those sorts of situations, which is why I live where I live and not in some large urban population centre.
A firefight is to be avoided, even if you are armed yourself. I don't envisage armed gangs roaming the countryside but if I found myself under fire I would probably light a couple of crow-scarer ropes to make them think I was firing back and keep their heads down, and then slip away as quietly as possible.
With weapons in a Bug Out situation low key is best, if you wander around with in the open with Crossbows and alike hanging from every loop you may attract the wrong type of attention as heavily armed people usually have something worth stealing, whereas the rough trampy looking bundle of rags that skirts around the edges will appear to have nothing.

I stick to trapping wires etc for hunting a good hiking staff (blackthorn) a top quality lock sheathed fishing knife with back ups and slingshots with varied things to shoot which range from pepper paint balls over to mini glass vials with various compounds in to keep people at a distance.
I really don't envisage any armed groups in this location post shtf, but will still be keeping a low profile.
(15 May 2013, 12:38)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't envisage any armed groups in this location post shtf, but will still be keeping a low profile.

What about the C&D prepper group? They'll be armed like a militia haha
(15 May 2013, 14:44)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 May 2013, 12:38)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I really don't envisage any armed groups in this location post shtf, but will still be keeping a low profile.

What about the C&D prepper group? They'll be armed like a militia haha

its D&C !! and yes!Big Grin
I'd go for weapons with reusable ammunition I have a slightly modded Barnett panzer 2 crossbow and a small pistol bow.
Jaguar xbow and Gamo Shadow IGT air rifle,

i'd rather not own a "firearm" and be on a govt register, its some hassle i could do without.
(18 May 2013, 08:46)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguar xbow and Gamo Shadow IGT air rifle,

i'd rather not own a "firearm" and be on a govt register, its some hassle i could do without.

My sentiments entirely. No FAC hassle and no Amateur radio licences etc , I'd rather do without to help keep a lower profile.
Pages: 1 2 3