Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Multi wash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A lot of the outdoor stores now sell anantibacterial multi wash liquid. This is touted as a liquid cleanser suitable for use as a body wash, dish wash and even for clothing. A small bottle will set you back around £10. If you check the active ingredients list though it is actually just a watered down anti bacterial detergent the same as fairy washing up liquid but watered down.

I have taken to buying a bottle of fairy anti bac and two small travel bottles. I fill one with concentrated liquid the other is empty and is used to dilute the concentrate to different strengths for different purposes. ALways remember it can be quite harsh on skin so dilute it a lot for use as body wash.
The likes of Fairy liquid, is probably one of the best soaps going, you can use it for all the things you mentioned and more, and if you want it a better anti-bacterial soap add a little vinegar,... as the advert says, you only need a drop,..well just a little more

[great for greasy, oily hands too]
Are there any guidelines?
(14 May 2013, 22:23)Anything Really Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any guidelines?

Not that I know of,.. trial and error I guess
This is touted as a liquid cleanser suitable for use as a body wash, dish wash and even for clothing. A small bottle will set you back around £10. If you check the active ingredients list though it is actually just a watered down anti bacterial detergent the same as fairy washing up liquid but watered down.

ALways remember it can be quite harsh on skin so dilute it a lot for use as body wash.

Interesting stuff as more people are seeing there's a few bob to be made from preppers. I thought of post shtf, that one of these garden spray bottles could be filled with water and an antibacterial soap for a quick spray and wash.. Fairy liquid in another spray bottle for dishes etc. Just bought Hibiscrub anti-bacterial soap for FAK, 11.99.. plus side its very effective for dealing with MRSA as a good anti-bacterial soap and you use it quite sparingly. I would strongly advise a very good anti-bacterial, alchohol hand gel like we use in Hospital. I have wipes etc too. Skin breakdown will happen at post shft. People dont realise how quickly this happens due to poor hygeine and lack of water. Thrush in warm damp places, under breasts, arms, groins, and can only be treated with the right treatment.. Then headlice, body lice. So good personal care from anti=bacterials, gels, soaps will be so important.