Survival UK Forums

Full Version: INTERNET ARMCHAIR COMMANDO WARRIORS: your biggest threat WTSHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is what me and a few others have been pointing out with regards to the looking like youve prepped, with your mollie gear, and paracord bracelet etc...
Heres a quick test for all you non believers out there.

Look at the average joe off the street. he's pretty much wearing what he would should shtf, well maybe a bin bag or two would be added and a few lidl bags....

NOW put all the gear on YOU would be wearing post shtf, be honst, wear all that mollie with the cammo backpack and the camel rehydration system if youve got it and were going to wear it.

Now who looks prepared and likely too have stuff these armchair warriors are going to shoot for it?

I'm not saying we should dump the carimor cougar for an aldi bag but look at your kit see what you could camoflage to look like the grey man not a prepared person of interest.

maybe rough up the backpack you have to look dirty and crabby even though you know its not.

I did similar years ago, I had an expensive push bike and lived in a high theft area.
I repainted the frame badly on purpose with house paint and debadged it, never cleaned those shiny wheels, which I sprayed with wd40 to attract the dirt. never had one problem with anybody trying to steal it because it looked crap even though it wasnt.
(31 May 2013, 13:55)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]This is what me and a few others have been pointing out with regards to the looking like youve prepped, with your mollie gear, and paracord bracelet etc...
Heres a quick test for all you non believers out there.

Look at the average joe off the street. he's pretty much wearing what he would should shtf, well maybe a bin bag or two would be added and a few lidl bags....

NOW put all the gear on YOU would be wearing post shtf, be honst, wear all that mollie with the cammo backpack and the camel rehydration system if youve got it and were going to wear it.

Now who looks prepared and likely too have stuff these armchair warriors are going to shoot for it?

I'm not saying we should dump the carimor cougar for an aldi bag but look at your kit see what you could camoflage to look like the grey man not a prepared person of interest.

Good answer P1, but unless we are bugging out(and then get the hell out as fast as we can), will we be wearing all that gear?, most of us will be bugging in, low profile, wear an old ripped jacked and faded jeans to look like everyone else if you HAVE to go out. again its back to OPSEC prior to SHTF-tell no one you've got preps, like they said in the last war "Walls have ears!"
at last.... some sense... you'd be amazed b.p. how many preppers are after flaunting that nice shiny xbow or then luberly new magnum combat boots.....
The last thing through there heads will be some vagabonds 12 gauge slug.....
You touch my armchair and I'll... err... sue!
you'd need a crowbar to get me out of mine........

hey there Jonas, am I right is that the flag of the beautiful state of Georgia?

Or should I say Republic?
(31 May 2013, 18:02)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]You touch my armchair and I'll... err... sue!

take my armchair you would have to prize it from my cold dead ASSSmile
(31 May 2013, 17:40)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]at last.... some sense... you'd be amazed b.p. how many preppers are after flaunting that nice shiny xbow or then luberly new magnum combat boots.....

the last think my nice new xbow is gonna be is shiny...I don't clean my boots...ever-I might wash the s#it of them but that it...don't look too clean and tidy, why do you think I've got long hair, a full beard and wear a hoodie and washed out jeans? nobody even looks twice...well maybe they do but they soon get the hell out of my way!!Big Grin

I met a certain person a couple of years ago and he said if he hadn't met me first, post SHTF his first inclination would have been to blow my head off...I assume that is because of the way I look, my father used to call me "the wild man of the woods"!Big Grin
(31 May 2013, 18:42)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(31 May 2013, 17:40)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]at last.... some sense... you'd be amazed b.p. how many preppers are after flaunting that nice shiny xbow or then luberly new magnum combat boots.....

the last think my nice new xbow is gonna be is shiny...I don't clean my boots...ever-I might wash the s#it of them but that it...don't look too clean and tidy, why do you think I've got long hair, a full beard and wear a hoodie and washed out jeans? nobody even looks twice...well maybe they do but they soon get the hell out of my way!!Big Grin

I met a certain person a couple of years ago and he said if he hadn't met me first, post SHTF his first inclination would have been to blow my head off...I assume that is because of the way I look, my father used to call me "the wild man of the woods"!Big Grin

To paraphrase "Major Martin" in the movie "The Patriot",
"Big Paul, your the kind that gives our kind a bad name..." Big Grin
It's not an armchair, it's a bean bag.
Pages: 1 2 3