Survival UK Forums

Full Version: fight or negotiation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Good points GG thanks for your slant , I think HL was thinking along the lines of not much food so why hang about.....move on to the next sucker , but there again when you consider where HL lives in particular they would turn up in a motor , in any event HL is not your roll of mill sucker I dare say THEY would be sussed long before to knock on his door and depending on how many THEY were would have a good old Scottish welcoming kiss via a broadhead , as I surmise we all would , my slant would be as described....... but singing men of Harlech along with magic moments Perry Como combo just to really mix it up and show I am a sick mama who cares less but if I miss....my beautiful welsh voice will stun them while I reload .....cunning bastard me might even sing in the wrong key, devastating twist
(16 June 2013, 00:05)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Good points GG thanks for your slant , I think HL was thinking along the lines of not much food so why hang about.....move on to the next sucker , but there again when you consider where HL lives in particular they would turn up in a motor , in any event HL is not your roll of mill sucker I dare say THEY would be sussed long before to knock on his door and depending on how many THEY were would have a good old Scottish welcoming kiss via a broadhead , as I surmise we all would , my slant would be as described....... but singing men of Harlech along with magic moments Perry Como combo just to really mix it up and show I am a sick mama who cares less but if I miss....my beautiful welsh voice will stun them while I reload .....cunning bastard me might even sing in the wrong key, devastating twist

SS, I know you're right - I don't see HL as anybody's fool. I really don't see him being taken by surprise either but if he is, I'm sure he can fight if need be. I just thought it was important to give the thought another angle.
What do you do if while performing some chore near your family base, you suddenly find yourself surrounded by three gun wielding individuals who seem interested in who you are? Discount the usual "I will covertly shoot them in the head from 300 yards" brigade or any common view that you would be the one initiating the encounter.

??
(16 June 2013, 01:07)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do if while performing some chore near your family base, you suddenly find yourself surrounded by three gun wielding individuals who seem interested in who you are? Discount the usual "I will covertly shoot them in the head from 300 yards" brigade or any common view that you would be the one initiating the encounter.

??

In that situation you have one choice, convince them that you are worth more alive than dead, for example offer them a cut of your crops for "protection".

What you do after that is tricky, you have to decide whether to keep on paying them, leg it, or ambush them when they come to collect.
(16 June 2013, 01:07)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do if while performing some chore near your family base, you suddenly find yourself surrounded by three gun wielding individuals who seem interested in who you are?

??

what no trip wires?, no hidden traps? why didn't your dogs bark?
dogs are good but they could let people know your their [dogs need to be fed and watered] if their keeping dogs alive they must have plenty of grub some may think ?
(16 June 2013, 11:09)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]dogs are good but they could let people know your their [dogs need to be fed and watered] if their keeping dogs alive they must have plenty of grub some may think ?

my point is, you WOULDNT let armed thugs creep up on you, you would have security in place and unless you are a lone wolf you would have someone on guard at all times.
I can't remember how many times BP has said it .....100 s....Trust no one is the right posture ..and the only valued one at that, I am sure we all would try to evade any group if we could or avoid any contact at all ...another of BP s doctrine and to me is perfect sense, that's what I will do , but there can be no one way fits all , the very nature of ...say highlanders location for example , HE KNOWS any one approaching his place will be foe, at least 97% foe.....so would BP...but once you come into build up areas this will not be so clear cut , in a city neigh impossible, and as TL points out there you are trouble free tending your garden which you have done for months you turn to find 5 guys with bows trained down on you ....what to do , there is loads of scenarios and loads of responses to reply all cases , but you will never cover ALL ....its called living
actually, and I've said it before, people are going to find it surprisingly quiet post shtf, no traffic, no aeroplanes, no music, no nothing, you will be able to hear ANY noise a long way off...after your ears have become acclimatised that is! I can hear things around here about 1 mile away and that's with normal noise levels, when its all quiet I will be able to hear several miles away. with security measures in place, no one should be able to creep up on you.
(14 June 2013, 14:10)Mortblanc Wrote: [ -> ]This is one of those points where the British and American thought processes go in different directions.

What possibly can be gained by negotiation over supplies you have gathered and you own except the loss of those supplies? My terms are, you go away and I will let you live.

Walk away and die if you wish.

Problem is that on several occasions I have seen the aggressor follow his victim.

I consider the person with the Molotov cocktail my first and primary target. The person that takes it from the dead hands of his friend is my second target.

And yes, I will kill to protect myself and my loved ones and the supplies needed to keep them alive. Over here we call it the Castle Doctrine and defense on ones person and family is approved by the government, so far.

who's to say there is only 1 with a petrol bomb? more likely 10 or more, if its been established by the agressive group attacking you that you have stuff worth going after.

remember the leader of this group probably doesnt care as much about losing some of his guys as you care about losing someone in your group.

in my humble opinion, its better to leave before things get to the point of a large group attacking us with petrol bombs.

theres another saying we have here in the US: better to live to fight another day
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11