Survival UK Forums

Full Version: FPS from 12lb spring?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not wanting to hijack an ongoing thread, I was wondering what kind of velocities you fellows attain from the 12 pound air rifle spring limit you live with?
not sure about fps, never heard any quoted, 12ft/lbs is the LEGAL limit here, any more than that and we need a firearms certificate. most air rifles-if you choose wisely- are powerful enough to take down the majority of SMALL game we have in the UK.
Pathetic that's what we get. I can spit harder.....
cant complain about mine, perhaps you just bought a duff one?Big Grin
With a quality 8.4grn pellet most field target shooters adjust for around 800fps. You can go to around 845 with a lighter pellet such as the Mosquito.
My .22 Stoeger x20 suppressor claims 1000 fps with alloy pellets, and 800 with lead pellets
(15 June 2013, 18:00)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]My .22 Stoeger x20 suppressor claims 1000 fps with alloy pellets, and 800 with lead pellets

800fps with an average weight .22 pellet is way over the UK non-FAC legal limit.
Mind, I used to shoot a lot of full bore, so after 7.62 and 308.......
First Fps is dependant on caliber it will be higher in. 177 than in. 22 if they are delivering the same in foot/pounds. Second if your rifle is consistent and accurate then it will easily bring small game to the pot at greater ranges than most shooters are accurate at. In short chronoscope check your rifle regularly and learn all that you can about your rifles point of impact and your ability at ranges ten to thirty yards, practice really does make perfect.
(15 June 2013, 18:30)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 June 2013, 18:00)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]My .22 Stoeger x20 suppressor claims 1000 fps with alloy pellets, and 800 with lead pellets

800fps with an average weight .22 pellet is way over the UK non-FAC legal limit.

Well that's what they claim for a uk legal air rifle,...so that's good enough for me

http://usa.stoegerairguns.com/products/s...airgun.php
Pages: 1 2