Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I Have Allies - Whoopee!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is so much info on this site, and so many differing ideas of what to do/where to go etc. when the balloon goes up. I have now firmly decided - I'm staying put right here. I live in the country already, so there is no point "bugging out" to the country- where would I go? I suppose I could do a Rambo in one of the local dykes or wetland areas - you know, bandanna tied round the head, black streaks under the eyes (what are those for anyway?), and a couple of cartridge belts strung provocatively over one shoulder.... no, that image is fading.

Anyway, I decided to approach one of our neighbouring families on a general basis, just to see what direction they faced. Surprise! They are anticipating problems and are already trying to work out what to do on a what if basis. To describe the area where I live... This is East Anglia. It's flat. I mean, very flat. It's probably where they first decided that the earth was flat. We are surrounded by dykes, rivers, ditches and wetlands. If you know the area you're laughing. I live down a no-through lane, and there are only a few houses down here. So now, that's two families (my OH will come round eventually) with an eye to protecting themselves. We've worked out that we could successfully block the road in - there are deep ditches on each side - and potential troublemakers could be spotted a mile off.

So, I now feel quite encouraged - it's not just me against the world. A quick inventory of the trades/abilities of the folks down in our little community is also quite encouraging. We have several nurses, a stockman, and quite a few local country types (most of whom are legitimately holding firearms). I'll be working on the rest of them.
Mary, I am really very pleased for you,.. it must be a great feeling,... I wish there was som eone else here that I could find common ground with, but somehow I doubt it,... but I am realy very pleased for you guys,... now you other half will soon be on board, he wont think it so strange any more...good for you
(16 June 2013, 20:35)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Mary, I am really very pleased for you,.. it must be a great feeling,... I wish there was som eone else here that I could find common ground with, but somehow I doubt it,... but I am realy very pleased for you guys,... now you other half will soon be on board, he wont think it so strange any more...good for you

That's great for you Mary, ive got friends in "east Angular" and they too say its flat...not sure about the dykes situation thoBig Grin,
(16 June 2013, 20:47)RoadWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]
(16 June 2013, 20:35)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Mary, I am really very pleased for you,.. it must be a great feeling,... I wish there was som eone else here that I could find common ground with, but somehow I doubt it,... but I am realy very pleased for you guys,... now you other half will soon be on board, he wont think it so strange any more...good for you

That's great for you Mary, ive got friends in "east Angular" and they too say its flat...not sure about the dykes situation thoBig Grin,

They're deep and have a lot of birdlife - and that's all I'm going to say!
sounds good Mary
Hey Mary

I'm also in East Anglia -
Not many dykes here though

Best
Mary, that's marvelous news - the strength of your position doubled pretty much in one go! Smile

HL, you never know, the locals might just surprise you. Hardy lot them jockanese types! Smile They've been through the mill a time or two in the past and that can kind of get into the DNA. They might be more ready for anything than you think. Canny too. Houses probably stuffed full of bargain buys and muskets still hidden from the Redcoats! Big Grin
Sounds good. Can I suggest you work with them on some community projects. Something you can use now to build up your relationships and get to know them better.
That's great news mary, good on you girl.....crack on with your plans......sounds like you are already getting things sorted , gave me a lift reading the post I am a happy for you , but remain cautious for a bit though.
Awesome. Looks like Mary is championing a prepper retreat in EA! Really pleased for you.

I have a neighbour that I swear is a prepper. Really need to approach them soon. Their wood pile is phenominal (bigger than a double garage, no joke), 5 linked water-butts, whole garden pulled up and planted....subtle haha.
Pages: 1 2 3