Survival UK Forums

Full Version: TEMPTATION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The alcoholics and druggies will be the first to be killed off. It's not hard to take a pair of shoes from someone passed out in a booze and/or drug-induced stupor. Take the Vodka for herbal tinctures, but I believe the "new normal" will be a bunch of tea-totalers!
Although I was agreeing with your point history shows that people will drink and take anything that gives them relief from the real world. In the UK with prices going up for booze people make their own and thus hospitals get people coming in with alcohol poisoning.

You think that will stop after TSHTF. That drug you pick up will be used by someone no matter the risk.

Now it's up to your conscience. After all you may not even be found out. For me though. I would destroy something that was suspect or alternatively, being the bastard I am, keeping it in my stash in case I was robbed or held up.

The bottomline though is drugs and booze can kill you, people will do anything to get it and if you have a stash from before an event you will have something valuable.
(18 June 2013, 18:55)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]The alcoholics and druggies will be the first to be killed off. It's not hard to take a pair of shoes from someone passed out in a booze and/or drug-induced stupor. Take the Vodka for herbal tinctures, but I believe the "new normal" will be a bunch of tea-totalers!

why oh why is somebody who drinks an alcoholic , or takes drugs a addict ,
we have all seen the ton upon tons of captured drugs on tv news this means loads upon loads people take drugs are all of them addicts selling their arse for drug money.
(19 June 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]
(18 June 2013, 18:55)Jonas Wrote: [ -> ]The alcoholics and druggies will be the first to be killed off. It's not hard to take a pair of shoes from someone passed out in a booze and/or drug-induced stupor. Take the Vodka for herbal tinctures, but I believe the "new normal" will be a bunch of tea-totalers!

why oh why is somebody who drinks an alcoholic , or takes drugs a addict ,
we have all seen the ton upon tons of captured drugs on tv news this means loads upon loads people take drugs are all of them addicts selling their arse for drug money.
I don't know about the arse bit, but anyone taking drugs or drinking regularly is an addict whether they want to admit it or not(like my sister in law), same with smokers too, if anyone is addicted to this stuff they are not going to be the slightest use to anyone POST SHTF. the new norm will be tea total, keeping a clear head whilst all those sheeple around is are losing theirs is the way to go.
(19 June 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]why oh why is somebody who drinks an alcoholic , or takes drugs a addict ,

Whether they are alcoholic or not, addict or not, I want no-one near me under the influence of anything. Their minds will not be clear and they cannot therefore, be trusted.

It seems to me Sunna, that you started a thread here that's got little to do with preparation, with an unimaginable starting scenario and having just read back through your contributions to it, it also seems to me that you have a particular point of view for which you seek confirmation.

I know it's not going to come from me, so I'll just pass on this thread now.
(19 June 2013, 12:04)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]Whether they are alcoholic or not, addict or not, I want no-one near me under the influence of anything. Their minds will not be clear and they cannot therefore, be trusted.

exactly GG, my thoughts too.
Many Nootropics are drugs. Want to tell me your mind doesn't work properly on them? haha
I had to google it just to see what that was, which just goes to prove I-for one-wont be using this stuff, anything that interferes with my mental faculties....including your caffeine pills...is a No-No as far as I am concerned, I need a clear head to survive post shtf, not be addled with narcotics of any type.

see "caffeine pills"! no further comment.
I get plenty of highs , and a huge buzz....................... making stuff for my prepps.... working on my garden might sound sad....but very true, you cannot beat it ! use your time and efforts to gain skills and produce, far better than any artificial temporary induced high, been there done that one , then I grew another brain cell, so that now I can slag off the people who still do......I am so fantastic and cool its not true.
(19 June 2013, 12:04)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(19 June 2013, 11:22)Sunna Wrote: [ -> ]why oh why is somebody who drinks an alcoholic , or takes drugs a addict ,

Whether they are alcoholic or not, addict or not, I want no-one near me under the influence of anything. Their minds will not be clear and they cannot therefore, be trusted.

It seems to me Sunna, that you started a thread here that's got little to do with preparation, with an unimaginable starting scenario and having just read back through your contributions to it, it also seems to me that you have a particular point of view for which you seek confirmation.

I know it's not going to come from me, so I'll just pass on this thread now.

well i dont seem to be getting what i want then.
my point is what ever happens rightly or wrongly as soon as some sort of stability comes back as soon as people have more than pure survival on their minds some not all will want a way to relax .
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7