Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Nutria / Coypu after TSHTF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hhhhmmmmm........wonder how they taste Big Grin and a lot more meat than a rat Big Grin lol
I hadn't though of eating them but they're to be a lot easier to deal with than some of the things I've though about eating.

The more I read about the wildlife in Britain the more I come to the conclusion there should be plenty of meat about after a collapse for those with the tools and skills
I've seen coypu up close and in the flesh. They are not things you want to tangle with. I think some people have actually eaten them - the teeth would put me off a bit.
i have tried once tinned nutrias meat about 30 years ago. not much difference with tinned pork. more tender than pigs or rabbits meat.
in russia you can buy quality nutria meat for under 20€ for kilo.

important thing, you have to cut off the fat tissue from the animals withers before storing or cooking, it has nasty smell and taste.
I watched a programme the other day called rat b*stards and these things are really nasty critters !
(22 June 2013, 15:39)Mosstrooper Wrote: [ -> ]I watched a programme the other day called rat b*stards and these things are really nasty critters !

They're only nasty if they're wearing bullet-proof vests... Big Grin
Pages: 1 2