Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Dowsing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read a couple of articles on this recently, and it seems like a useful "skill". Does anyone know how to do it?
No, but there's a guy near me who runs half day courses.
I'll be honest, i'm a skeptic with all this kind of thing,

BUT!

we've a contractor who is a "spiritual healer" or something, and he intstucted me on how to dowse for water using welding rods.

i walked across the yard, and the rods crossed over, i was sure i wasnt near water, thought it was a load of crap, and promptly got out the site plans, it appears i had crossed a rainwater runoff i didnt even know was there!

it's quite simple really, as long as the rods can rotate in your hand it should work.
Dowsing is really easy you don't need to go on a course to learn it, I used to do it all of the time when I was a kid. All you need is two old wire coat hangers cut to form a handle and long protruding bit, and a couple of drinking straws to slip over the handles to make then swing easily. I convinced myself that it worked at the time, but haven't tried it since. It would be very easy to test though.
they used to dowse in this area all the time in the 40s,50s and 60s, it was how they worked out where to put a water well.
Mmm, sounds interesting. I thought the potential to locate clean water was quite promising. I shall have a try myself. I know there used to be a well on this old place, perhaps I can find it.
give it a try, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I have never tried it , but seeing this post , I will give it a go , thanks mary
use two welding rods bent to 90 deg and put them into two 5 inch pieces of 15mm copper water pipe,
it is the pipe that you hold,so you have no contact with the welding rods at all. hold them steady with the rods
pointing forward, then walk, as you get nearer to a water source the rods will come together and cross, as you
walk past the rods part again. you can even walk backwards and they work.

i laughed at dousing while at collage studying horticulture,talking about finding land drains, then after lunch the tutor took
us all out to a sports field and gave me the rods to use, then confirmed my findings on a plan he had. lol
talk about being stuck for words
i am a logical person and dont know why this works but it does.