Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What a girl really wants is a cargo bike.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know that different things turn different people on but I almost wet my panties when I saw this

http://bakfiets.nl/eng/modellen/cargotrike/large/

Yummie
RS,... I can just see you raiding the nearest Royal Mail delivery office after the shtf,..and pinching one of theirs
they would do the job very well
My Wife, bless her, got this trailer on Ebay, really brilliant, she's stopped using it, but I find it incredibly useful.

As a hand cart on the allotment, don’t know how I managed without it, cycle across to the DIY store and suddenly I can carry paint pots or just about anything.
Haven’t tried any distance yet but it would be a lot easier to pack than the panniers I normally use,

My Wife, bless her, got this trailer on Ebay, really brilliant, she's stopped using it, but I find it incredibly useful.

As a hand cart on the allotment, don’t know how I managed without it, cycle across to the DIY store and suddenly I can carry paint pots or just about anything.
Haven’t tried any distance yet, but it would be a lot easier to pack than the panniers I normally use, and for £60 you cant complain

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itmhttp://apexnm.c...3377c4f8ac
[Image: kona_ute_white_large%201-1.jpg]

Friend at work has one of these. Its the pick up truck of the bike world.
He uses it to load things like BBQs on it for excursions to beaches etc. Can allow huuuuge panniers and has what appears to be a skateboard sized plank of wood over the back wheel for carry capacity.
€1800 !!!

This is a shock for me due to the cultural differences.

Here in the States we consider expensive bikes as toys for the hipsters rather than basic transportation.

€1800 will buy a fair used auto that would last for a couple of years, so if one has €1800 the car is purchased first and one buys his bike, viewed as a recreation, at the thrift store for €10.

I would really have to rationalize things to justify paying that much for a bike because it simply would not get very much use. You fellows look at that as 10 years transportation.
When you factor in equivalent cost of fuel it doesn't look so bad over here. Well... It does, but you get what I mean.

I'd love a eat to crap late 80s-90s ford f250 but running it here would be pointless.

I agree with your hipster tat enemy, but they ride fixed wheel ones. Hopefully they get thier scarfs stuck in the spokes.
With all the mass being on the steering wheel(s) I think that trike could be difficult to manoeuvre.
I prefer to keep the weight on the non-steering body or towed behind.
I cycle 18miles a day 5 days a week for work. I travel a fairly hilly route and use a commuter bike with rear panniers. Its pretty tough going and I dread to think what that trike would be like on even a slight hill if laden. I like the idea of the trailer. Hadn't thought of that but for heading off on a wild camp you could carry loads of kit far easier than in paniers.